Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BSS

Viewing 13 posts - 241 through 253 (of 253 total)
  • Author
    MKT

How many TRX we can use on one E1 in Nokia?

It is 12.

But it is not the E1 who restricted this number to go further,rather it is their cabinet capacity.

In nokia ultrasite BTS they have the provision only for 12 TRX per cabinet.

If you want to go further you have to use another cabinet. And that is nothing but a separate BTS.

However the only BTS site in the world with the capacity 36+36+36 is of Nokia and is at Macca in UAE.

36+36+36=108
    108/12=9

Here 9 is the maximum limit for chaining cabinets in Nokia.

Regards

pix

great info, thanks MKT
    nokia ultrasite BTS is supposed to be stacked in order to achieve 24 trx/site, isn’t it ?

MKT

24 TRX per site?

I think you are referring to 8+8+8 configuration.

Yes you can achieve 888 configuration with two cabinets.

But as i have mentioned earlier Nokia has a limitation of stacking maximum 9 cabinets in a row.

That is why

9 x 12 =108 TRX maximum TRX per site.
    At mecca UAE has gone for maximum option.

Also

It is not possible everywhere that all the 124 carriers are available to one operator. In UAE it is an exception as operator is government itself, and thus they have all the frequencies.

In India..
    We have 31 frequencies per operator. And four operators are in the field. 4 x 31=124

Usual practice adopted is 444 for Nokia BTS sites.

however
    Nokia has made a very bad image for its equipments in India.

Huwaei (china) is moving fast in the race…

and ericsson is back in the race.

I think this trend is worldwide, as nokia fails to deliver in quality, particularly at BTS level.The BTS of Nokia generates a lot of heat. The TRX fault rate is very high. Due to heat the cooling requirements are very high for Nokia and hence the running cost is high for operators.

Alcatel is having its footprints mainly in the PSTN segment with switches like OCB.However it do operates in GSM segment also.

Regards

pix

alcatel solution is pretty neat ! good bts, good bsc, great optimization tool… just some problems with the TRX last year 🙂 but other than that, they have a very competitive solution for GSM.

MONDAY

Hi all,
    Pls., how many GSM lines can one BTS contain?

Rami

yes you right Pix, the are very good away from the TRXs, but recently they started sawpping/replacing these faulty TRXs…

What I really like is the RNO tool!

Rami

Dear Monday,
    The BTS capacity depend on its configuration i.e. TRXs installed.

As you know, GSM system is a TDMA and thus each TRX can serve 8 subscribers @ once (eahc one will occupy a TS)

Thats means if you have a 333 BTS then you can serve 3*8 + 3*8 + 3*8 subscribers at the same time.

If you mean to say how many subcribers from Erlang-B point of view then it is the traffic offered divided by the average mErlang per subscribers…

Regards,

cantik

do u know abaut ericsson trafic node

bombaya

hi all,

i want to know all 2G/3G, GSM WCDMA, MICROWAVE, RF, BSS, OSS, MSC, SMS, SGSN, RNC, NODE B, WHY NOT START A?
    WIMAX.
    Can somebody help me?

pankaj patil

Can somebody tell me the fundamental of 28 mhz bandwidth for microwave for 16X2 capacity.

finn

28MHz or 28GHz or radio you are talking about?

finn

We need a lot of RICE to know all 2G/3G, GSM WCDMA, MICROWAVE, RF, BSS, OSS, MSC, SMS, SGSN, RNC, NODE B, WIMAX.

just get around the forum or google white papers for every technology you want to know. everything is on the net.. for specific equipment it depends on vendors website.

DangerousMinds

Hi All,

I want to disable 2G to 3G handovers in our NSN network.

utranHoThScTpdc is 100 and minEcnoThreshold is 18 (i.e. -15 dB)in the network.

I changed QsearchC from 7 to 15 for a site. The number of GSM-WCDMA HO attempts decreased but did not touch zero.

Can anybody please help?

Thanks and Rgds/

Viewing 13 posts - 241 through 253 (of 253 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.