Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

PDCHs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Bijoy

Prabeen
    What is the PDCH configuration you are using(static+dynamic).Any SPDCH??

Br\\
    Bijoy

Prabeen

My Configurations are:

2TS Dedicated.
    1TS Dynamic.
    No SPDCH
    But we hav got Flexi ABIS.

Now, i have to do expansion for over utilized cells. Before this i need to optimize the complete Cells according to the utlization inorder not to have RPP Constraint and Gb Link Congestion.

So for this i need to know threshold level at both the levels. wen to reduce the TS and wen to increase.

But before carrying out the expansion i need to solve the allocation failure issue.

PLs help me.

safar

hi prabeen,

Can u tell me what is flexi abis and abis optimiation?whats difference between this?

Prabeen

Hi Safar,

By flexi Abis v can activate On demand PDCH enabling EGPRS(64kbps). If there is no Flexi Abis we will be able to enable On demand but with GPRS traffic (16kbps).

Somebody correct me if am wrong.

Abis optimization: Honestly No idea.

Prabeen

Hi Safar,

Abis Optimization: Abis Optmizer is a tool where there is no concept of TS for TRX. All will be sent by packetising the same. Hence the capcity would be increased fom 12TRX max to 20TRX with 1E1. Also, we need not allocation for any dedicated TS for EGPRS. There will be a pool where in data is transferred to any sector.

As usual somebody correct if am wrong.

Bijoy

Sorry Prabeen for such a late response,I was on vacation so couldn’t reply earlier.

Regarding your query,are you using Abis optimisation feature?If yes,then what is the GPRS bandwith?Also,what is NUMDEV & PACKALG?

If not,then is this allocation failure happening due to MS no response??

Br\\
    Bijoy

safar

Hi prabeen,

buddy i think without flexi abis u can also activate ondemand edge ( 64 kbps ) timeslot by defining switchable timeslot. already we are working this configuration.

for example if i define numreq for chgr 1 – 8 and out of 8 i am defining 4 fpdch + 1 spdch .

then remaining 3 will work as switchable for egde and it can also use for voice when no egprs traffic.

Prabeen

Hi Bijoy,

Welocome back! We do not have Abis Optmizer.

Safar,

I am not aware of switcable time slot. Is it in Ericsson system??? One more thing to add to it is SPDCH isn yet different optional feature of Ericsson. If u activate SPDCH data is given first priority, and if at all the data time slot is free, then it can be preempted by voice. voice cannot be preempted unless data TS is free. But in flexi Abis, voice is given first priority. also, we need not allocate any TS.

All these are theorotical. am not having SPDCH to experiment.

RF OPT.

Hello Bijoy;
    Kindly; regarding the SW and HRD blocking; can you please tell us how we can suppurate them from each other? can you give us some counters or formulas for each? how I have to know if the blocking which I had was X% SW Blk. and Y% HRD BLK.?

Br.

Bijoy

Hi RF_OPT
    Please specify your vendor.

Br\\
    Bijoy

RF OPT.

Hello Bijoy
    Within Huawei Vr. please,

Br.

Bijoy

Hi RF_OPT

Till C12,there is no direct formula for sof blocking,but you can have an idea of it from the “PDCH Resource Capability Measurement” counters.

Formula for Hard Blocking%(DL)=
    (A9103+A9303)/(A9301+A9101)
    Formula for Hard Blocking%(DL)=
    (A9003+A9203)/(A9001+A9201)

Br\\
    Bijoy

RF OPT.

and you think we can get for ALU?

Br.

Bijoy

Sorry,I can’t say about ALU

Ds

Hi all,

can anyone explain about flexi abis feature.i m still not clear. my vendor is nokia

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.