Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Paging flow control alarm MSC Ericsson

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    baba

Hi,
    We sometimes get a “Paging flow control alarm” for a LAI at the MSC. At the same time it is difficult to terminate calls on this LAI. Originating calls have no problems. Looking at the statistics we notice that all BTS of this LAI have a lot of discarded pages due to full paging queue but zero or very few discarded pages due to old paging messages. We use Ericsson GSM(MSC R13). The MFRMS is 2 for all the BTS of the LAI.This LAI have about 40 BTS (S444) for a BHT of 3500E. We have on average 86 first paging attempt per second and a second page retransmission of 30% on the LAI.
    Is the LAI split the solution?
    Thanks for your responses

Bijoy

Baba
    This means you have around 87Erl/site which is quite huge.Since MFRMS is set low,this is a normal phenomenon of paging overload.Consiering all other paging parameters(MSC & BSC)in place,You can go for a LAC splitting.

Br\\
    Bijoy

baba

Thanks for your response.
    We are planning the splitting.

BR

Deepak Singh

Yes, I think LAI splitting is the good solution.LAA splitting helps to decrease the PCH load congestion as a result its PSR will improve.BUT Before splitting it is mandatory to check how many cells are define.For large number of cells it is better.Splitting mays increase SDDCH congestion.So,optimum measurement is required

ahishek

how MFRMS is related with paging??? here we give it as 4. in some place it is 2 and 5

Deepak

Hi
    MFRMS RELATED TO PAGING GROUPS.
    FOR NCOMB
    PAGING GROUP=(9-AGBLK)*MFRMS
    FOR COMB
    PAGING GROU=(3-AGBLK)*MFRMS

Arvind Solanki

What is paging discarded time by MSC.

thabo

Hello kindly notice that Paging flow control alarm is caused by high volume of sms-paging. once bulk SMSes are send then there would be high volume of sms-paging. try to check by the time you recieved the alarm there were no bulk SMS send.

Mahmoud

Hi,

LAC split is one solution, but before it check that is there any action from MSC side for this messages or not?

I have faced MSCs which didn’t into account these messages at all,and in the other hand BSC has paging discarding ability which can do MSC responsibility in this case, so we deactivated the feature in BSC to avoiding signaling link high utilization between MSC and BSC.

Br,
    Mahmoud

sosie

Hello,

how is this paging flow control mechanism working in ericsson MSC? what are the parameters to define it?

Thanks

Manii

Hi there,

I am less experience wrt optimization i have to optimize one Ericsson MSC as stats are degraded since start so i have to optimize it please let us know to follow the steps and parameters till cell level it will be highly appreciated

Almeida

I am working with an operator (Ericsson BSS) having LAC its diferent of RAC for all cells. Please what are risks ?
    and now we have a RAu no successes rate

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.