Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BCCH

• This topic has 33 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 20 years ago by james.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    M.S

Hi Sunil

Via the BCCH the mobile station is informed about the system configuration parameters (for
    example Local Area Identification, Cell Identity and Neighboring Cells). Using this information the
    mobile station can choose the best cell to attach.

Navpreet

Sir,Madam
    I would like to know that, suppose we are having 4 TRX in one cell and SDCCH is 16 and in combine mode. How many TCH will be available and the other left out time slots for control Channels will be used by which no. of TRX , as we know one TRX carries 8 time slots.

Navpreet

Sir,Madam
    I would like to know that, suppose we are having 4 TRX in one cell and SDCCH is 16 and in combine mode. How many TCH will be available and the other left out time slots for control Channels will be used by which no. of TRX , as we know one TRX carries 8 time slots.

Nguyen

Navpreet,

If you want the control channel configuration is combined mode, the SDCCH number will be 12 or 20. The 16 SDCCH channels is the non-combined mode.

If the cell with 4 TRX (32 timeslots) and 16 SDCCH, the available TCH will be 29. All of these TCHs and SDCCHs will occupy 29 + (16/8) = 31 timeslots. The first timeslot of the first TRX in the cell will be used for (1 BCCH + 9 CCCH).

Brgds

umreet

Nguyen
    How come the available TCH will be 29???
    Please explain..
    regards

Nguyen

Very simple.

The total timeslots is 4×8=32. The number of SDCCH is 16 => occupied 16/8=2 timeslots. 16 SDCCH => non-combined configuration => need 1 timeslot for 1BCCH+9CCCH.

Hence the available timeslots for TCH is: 32-2-1=29.

ok?

Umreet

Yeah got it ! Thanx..

If the SDCCH is 12 .How many occupied?? is it 12/4=3
    In this case it will be combined.Right?So no extra TS needed for BCCH+CCCH.

How many TS for TCH will occupied?
    Is it 32-3=29(same)
    Please correct me if i am wrong..

Regards

Paul

In that case, you would have 4 SDCCH combined and 8 non-combined, so there would be one timeslot BCCH/CCCH/4*SDCCH and one timeslot 8*SDCCH, leaving 30 TCH!

Nguyen

Hi Umreet,

Paul has given the correct answer for your question. TCH=30.

Brgds

Umreet

Thanx Nguyen and Paul..
    Now i got the compelete thing….
    Nguyen,while going through one of the thread on SDCCH,i do came to know about ur SDCCH dimensioning tool.I’ll b highly obliged if u cud send that tool to my mail ID.

My mail ID is:
    umreet2003@yahoo.com

I m new to this field and wants lots of info on channel dimensioning!

Thanx and Regards

zulfi

hi,
    could somebody tell me abt some site to study hopping esp SFH.

mail me at zulfi567@yahoo.co.in

NIBU KOSHY

dear one,
    please teach about synthesizer hopping using in gsm, which hutchison telecom industry uses.

Trazy

Hi!

I would like to know that if I implement PBCCH in the network, what should I concern about.

Could anyone tell me the advantage and disadvantage of using PBCCH?

Thank you so much.

osaro aigbede

hi
    i would like to get more information on BCCH and how to over come hopping

Navpreet

Nguyen

U said we have 4 TRX and having 32 timeslots and 16 SDCCH 32-2-1 =29. Ok , the subtracted 1 was for BCCH and 9 CCCH that will be in 1 timeslot of First TRX and now my question is, the 2 time slots we have subtracted above for SDDCH will be used in which no of Timeslots.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.