Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

BCCH

• This topic has 33 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 20 years ago by james.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    madan

hi
    i would like to get more information on BCCH and how to over come hopping

Jon Andre

hi madan.

Your question is two sided. Assuming you refer to base band hopping the BCCH carrier has no impact. The TDMA frames will only “jump” from carrier to carrier hence there is now change of frequency on the carrier.

regarding synthesizer hopping it’s different. Here the carrier changes frequency at each TDMA frame. Now since the BCCH frequency can’t change due to MS in idle mode the BCCH carrier is simply not hopping.

example two carrier cell:

C0: frequency 1
    C1: frequency 2,3,4,5

Hence: C0 will not change frequency
    C1 will change its frequency between 2,3,4,5 in each TDMA.

Sunil Kumar

What kind of Informations will be transmitted over BCCH ?

Rgds

Sunil

hesham

what is difference between baseband
    and synthesiser hopping

Mostafa

Hi hesham, here is the answer:

– Baseband hopping involves hopping between frequencies on different transceivers in a cell.

– Synthesizer hopping involves hopping from frequency to frequency on the same transceiver in a cell.

Priya

hi
    want to know about BCCH/PBCCH allocation in GPRS/GSM networks. Is it advisable to keep them separate or have PBCCH information transmitted on BCCH

Nguyen

BCCH is allocated on first timeslot of the first ARFCN in a cell. Opposed to the BCCH, the PBCCH can be configured on each timeslot of each ARFCN (there may be only 1 PBCCH per cell). PBCCH is NOT mandatory even if GPRS is provided in a cell, while BCCH is mandatory in a cell. If PBCCH exists, the GPRS mobile is only required to camp on the PBCCH to obtain cell info about GSM services. The information whether a PBCCH is allocated in a cell is broadcast in the System Information 13 message.

priya

Nyugen,
    Thanks for your reply, I derived as much. What I was actually asking was as my cell configuration increases say I go to a configuration of 12+12+12, which is possible with Nokia BTS chaining, how much will I be loading the BCCH if I have SI 13 for GPRS + GSM info transmitted on it.

Would it be advisable in such high configurations to have separate PBCCH?

Nguyen

Please kindly repeat your question more detailed. I could not understand the question.

hi Nyugen,

Rephrasing the question, given that information for GPRS can be broadcast on BCCH, when and why would the operator waste one TSL to allocate for PBCCH? Can I always piggyback GPRS information on BCCH no matter what the configuration in the cell.

Nguyen

Yes, GPRS is very flexible, and you can always config the system as you preferred. When MS power on, it first camps on BCCH, and listens to SI13 message. The SI13 message will indicate if the cell supports PBCCH or not. If there is PBCCH in a cell, and if in Network Operation Mode I, a GPRS-MS will monitor PBCCH (also for GSM information) instead of BCCH. If this cell doest not provide PBCCH, the MS will continue monitor BCCH for GSM (SIxx) and GPRS service (SI13).
    If you want more information, plz do not hesitate contact me at vndnguyen@hopthu.com.
    Brgds

Prasanna

I would like to know the how base band hopping compares with SFH and which is more efficient and what are the pros and cons in deciding which one to use.

Neelam

HANDOVER:
    Can any one tell what are the possible causes for a handover failure in GSM

fir

Can anyone tell me why for the same GOS, the offered traffic based on Erlang B is greater than Erlang C?

Thanks!

fir

Can anyone tell me why for the same GOS, the offered traffic based on Erlang B is greater than Erlang C?

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.