Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Tell me

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anand

Same LAC can be used in different BSc or not?

Brother

I tell you

one bsc different lac possible
    different bsc’s one lac possible

Pix

Possible to have 1 LAC over n BSC…

but if it means that one BSC is handling many “little bits” of several LACs, then there might be some (paging) processing overload in the BSC.

Cheers
    pix

Anand

Hi…
    Pls tell me when we use the different LAC & uniqe CI for different different sites in same BSC then any effect on CALL,Handover,Utilisation of BSC,signaling load on MSC or BSC….Pls request all to tell in details

Anand Singh

Hi Pix ji…
    Pls tell me when we use the different LAC & uniqe CI for different different sites in same BSC then any effect on CALL,Handover,Utilisation of BSC,signaling load on MSC or BSC….Pls request all to tell in details

Pix

you mean same CI and different LAC in the same BSC ?
    this is vendor dependant

i’d say it is probabaly possible (the identifier being the couple LAC + CI)

BR,
    pix

SHELDON

Hi Anand,

Using different LACs in the same BSC can affect your signalling load (on abis and A interfaces) because more LACs implies more LAC borders which also implies more location updates.

There is no effect on call and handover.

I think it can also
    increase the BSC utilization, because the BSC will now handle more SDCCH allocations(for location update) and manage more SDCCH connections.

Regards,
    SHELDON

Mania

Yup I agree with sheldon, but its a trade-off if you are working with sites that are seperated by large distance e.g in small cities in rural ares, and there is no possibility of Handover also if you Abis cost is high then it is sometimes preferred to use different LACs for non-handovering clusters of cells. This helps in reducing the paging load on the RSL, and there is no issue with the excessive location update as the LAC boundaries are non overlapping..
    Also as far as the difficulties are concerned in some vendors having same Cell-ID with different LACs can cause stats pegging issue so Cell-IDs need to be unique. as in those vendors Cell-ID is used as a unique identifier, so not a very good idea.
    I am not sure weather Alcatel has Cell_ID only or Cell_ID_LAC combination for identifier for pegging stats as I have experianced this issue in Alcatel previous release.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.