Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Possible paging issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jason

Hello;
    I am having problems figuring out a possible paging issue.
    The item that i see that might or might not be a issue is that sometimes when someone calls a sub on our system they recieve a message that says “Please wait while I locate the moble subscriber”. This happens before the phone starts to ring. I come from a CDMA background, and have never heard of this before. Can anyone explain what is going on with this and if it is normal? Also how will the reflect on my stats?
    Thank you very much.
    Jason

Mania

Hi Jason,
    First of all to get the things clear you could check with your NSS(MSC) guys for the recording at IVR for which case are they using this recording, then based on the cause we can analyse the issue.

Jason

Let me know if this helps with the discription of what is going on. This is not my cup of tea so I might not be using the correct terminology. When someone calls one of our subs, the VLR is checked to see what sector the sub was last on. Then a page is sent out to that sector. If the mobile does not respond then the mobile is paged at the LAC level and if the mobile does not respond then the page is sent out to the complete network. I was told this happens becuse the mobile loses registration and does not do a MZ detach. Is this a normal situation? Thanks.

Bijoy

Hi Jason
    Are you guys using “Selective Intelligent Paging”?i,e ,first paging is done on last LAC+CI & its neighbours of the MS.I think n that case your MSC guys have set such a recording at IVR.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.