Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Drop Type Investigation – Huawei

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AliAsgher

Dear Experts,

Please help me on how can I know the distribution of SD/TCH drops in Huawei in terms of Low SS, Bad Quality and TA.

So far I have only found Huawei counters related to Average TA on call drop, avg quality on call drop and avg SS on call drop. These counters are overall not much useful as they are averaged over all call drops.

Kindly provide your valuable input to enhance my knowledge.

Bijoy

Dear Ali
    Huawei is a bit different than Ericsson,here you will have call drops due to Error indication,connection failure,equipment failure,release indication,terrestial link failure etc.etc.So,depending on these counters,you need to optimise.

Different vendor,different way of seeing things,you know:-)

Br\\
    Bijoy

AliAsgher

Thanks Bijoy,

Actually Ericsson has made me a bit lazy 🙂
    I used to see “Oh high SD Drops due to Bad Quality, BCCH retune and viola….) But the drop types you mentioned usually came under SD Drops Others.

I wonder if the same practice is followed by other vendors too.

Bijoy

Hi Ali
    Huawei & ZTE gives Drop call reason as per release cause.Nokia gives it interface wise,Ericsson gives it as per last valid measurement report wise…..

Hope you will find your Huawei tour enriching.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Karan Singh

Hi All,
    In Ericsson system also , it is possible to find out the cause of drops. There is a drop cause report that gives thourough analysis of all drop causes with pie charts & excel. Its a detailed report and can be fetched from BO with O&M Experts help.

Cheers
    🙂

Bijoy

Well Karan
    The fact is such kind of reports are availvle in all vendors,I’m taking about those reports which are regularly monitored in practice by RF optimization team.

Only for certain critical sort of trouble shooting such detailed analysis is required(like CTR,MTR etc in Ericsson).

Br\\
    Bijoy

Karan Singh

Yes, it is certainly upon the daily use of such reports, but I shall certainly recommend the use of such reports and we were fetching them almost on a daily basis. As most drop causes would be pegged under “Sudden” or “Other” reasons, these reports are quite beneficial.

Else we can include other objects in fetching cloud and they can become a part of daily template..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.