Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

external interference

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    KASDIR

hi
    suddenly bad SQI increase causes high drop and low HO
    i check freq no interference
    maybe this due to external interference
    can any one help me how to check external interference and HOW SOLVE IT
    best regards

LEX

This may be due to high wattage repeater near ur site or full band repeater causing interference ,the best way to hunt is by interference analyzer.Also check for cable swap.

pix

high kasdir,

you can check your qos indicators relted to “idle band measurements”

cheers
    pix

KASDIR

thanks pix and lex
    how to solve this problem without change freq (i can’t)

SHELDON

Hi Kasdir,

Are you absolutely sure it’s an external interference? Sometimes a faulty TRX can cause what you described. Also make sure that all your hopping parameters are correct…it’s possible someone mistakenly changed something.

If you’re sure it’s an external interference, the only thing you can do is to identify where the interference is coming from, and ask the person to stop transmitting on those frequencies( ‘cos you’ve paid to use them). The big question is…how do you find where the interference is coming from? I will suggest you halt your cell(it it’s only one) and then use a spectrum analyzer to track it down. Generally, as you move towards the source, the received level will increase…it can be quite tough or frustrating….but you would be able to track it down with some hardwork and maybe luck. One of the main culprits in these cases are printing presses..so look out for those.

Anyway, if you’re able to track them down, then there are 2 things you can do
    1. THE EASY WAY: politely ask the person to stop using your frequencies, and if he/she refuses, then you can use:
    2. THE HARD WAY: Report the person to your regulator who will impose appropriate sanctions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

SHELDON

Mania

Hi KASDIR,
    The interference could be in UL / DL or both. if its in the UL you should check the Interference on Idle stats if in DL check the Drive test and in it any particular TRX (on which call quality is degraded) /frequency which might be effected.
    Also if its interference then your UL / DL Interference HOs should be degraded.
    You can also check be disabling the hopping on the cell and analyse the TRX level KPI to filter if any one TRX is faulty or a specific frequency or all frequencies.
    Then devise a plan accordingly .. for external interferences below suggestions are the best but if its in a specific band and you cannot get the jammer off then try using the site of another band like if interference is in GSM convert site to pure DCS.

EL AFENDI

hi all;
    I have just one question can I use atoll to assured agood distrubition of trafic

Thank’s in advance

KASDIR

thanks a lot SHELDON , Mania
    for ur help

EL AFENDI put ur question in other article

thanks to all for great information

Ayat

Hello
    We face external interfrence problem in our network for more than 100 cells , and usaually itbus diffcult to know the source to close it
    So i need to check other solution to reduce and minimize the interfrencel may be by power reduction and power control , coordinated antenna heights ,tilts and azimuths coukd you help ?

ayat

dear All
    greeting

actually these two solutions is not possible now

THE EASY WAY: politely ask the person to stop using your frequencies, and if he/she refuses, then you can use:
    2. THE HARD WAY: Report the person to your regulator who will impose appropriate sanctions.

any technical solution even if so expensive, or you can share study or researches about external interference solution

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.