Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

TA reports…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    RF tracker

Hi,
    can anyone explain the process for fatching TA report in alcatel NPO system????

Pix

hi,

The TA value is stored with the rest of the RMS in the TRX. The TRX sends the Measurement Results to the BSC and also keeps a copy of it in the form of “RMS”.
    RMS are then retrieved by the OMCR (through the BSC) once a day.

That’s it…

All measurement results of the “measured period” are used to generate those RMS indicators. Therefore they give a very reealistic view of the kind of radio quality a subscriber gets.

Cheers
    pix

Rex

Hi,
    Why TWIN TRXs don’t produce RMS indicators (ALU B9)?
    Regards,
    Rex

Pix

hi,

They should generate RMS reports as well.

Rex

Hi Pix,
    Cells which have TWINs don’t have RMS reports. We have RNO, and I hope soon with NPO we are going to have RMS for TWINs. Any idea, what can cause not seeing RMS reports with TWIN TRXs?
    Regards,

RF tracker….

Hi Pix……..
    Thanks for reply

Mania

Since we are on the topic, PIX the PMRES-31 files what contain RMS data including TA and Quality are usually encoded any idea why they are decoded and how to decode them as rest of the PMRES-5,18,19 ,180 etc are non decoded.

Pix

Hi Mania,

They are coded in binary format. It is a way for ALU to force the operators to use RNO / NPO softwares 🙂

Radio Optimization job is so much better with RMS availability that I can totally understand this strategy.

Cheers
    pix

Mania

Any possibility of getting the encoding / decoding algo as I understand the RNO is not alcatel internally developed. also the RNO is slow and bulk extraction from it is tedious, one can develop faster and simpler customizable applications to directly process the OBSYNTS.
    Thanks.

Pix

Hi Mania,

RNO and NPO are internally developped and are ALU proprietary solution to decode the RMS format. They are not that slow and bulk extraction is not tedious as long as you know how to do it 🙂

If you want to do it any other way you’ll have to get the binary files description… Perhaps somebody here has already done it ?

Regards,
    pix

Mania

Hi PIX,
    Would love to have the binary files description if possible in any way.

Also In my previous network we were working on Alcatel B-9 and our RNO terminal was in another city coordinating remotely we had severe issues with heartbeat failures and starting took around 45 minutes so thats what I call slow, Alcatel Guys blamed it on the Internet connection being slow but their own terminal performed similarly.
    Thats why we developed our own software.

Thats why would love to have the the binary description

Pix

Hi Mania,

I’m sorry, I can’t help you. Did you try asking for it to the Alcatel Guys directly ? As long as you already bought NPO, then there should not be any problem.

Cheers
    pix

JaG

Binary PM campaign files are already decoded and stored on OMC-R in csv format (if you have NPO). Just look around for a folder with huge number of tar.gz files 😉

Ahmad

Hi Guys,

Is there someone who knows the file description of PMRES in terms of decoding it?

I am suppose to develop a Parser that code convert the file to a readable text file.

But have failed to find a Alcatel Document on the subject.

Cheers.

Pix

Ahmad,

the file format is proprietary and should not be made public… the only and official PMRES decoder is called NPO 🙂

Regards
    pix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.