Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Ericsson IN Limits?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    James

I am designing an application that once a subscriber sends a USSD requests, my application credits the DA with airtime worth a dollar. Then once the subscriber refills, I want to instantly debit the dollar from the subscriber’s MA. The problem I have so far is I have no way of knowing in real time when the subscriber has refilled his MA, and as such I have to depend on the periodic EMM dumps, which I analyze and extract the relevant refill info. My application then issues the debit instruction to the AIR server. Problem with this model is, between the delay of subscriber refilling and EMM dump, the user may use the dollar in their MA and I would thus never be sure when there is money and have to keep trying all the time to check. Two options I have explored so far are using PSO bits to suspend any activity on the MA until I debit the account, and using accumulators for the same. Does anyone know what I can do to know in real time when the subscriber has reloaded their account without depending on EMM dumps?

Wallis Dudhnath

Hi James,

From your request you have a collection of Ericsson Charging_System nodes: AIR/AF, EMM, SDP,
    CCN/OCC, etc.. AIR/AF will be used to “point” to the SDP that holds the Account: Main Account (MA) and the
    associated Dedicated Accounts (DA) / Composite Accounts that can be used for “Offers”.

With Charging_System, Rating is performed by the AIR and SDP machines. With AIR, Rating rules can be
    implemented for Advanced “Top-Ups”. Depending on the configured business rules the Main Account / Dedicated
    Account(s) can be updated.

I see that you are already using the PSO (32bits) flag and the Accumulators (used for Bonus offers) to trigger
    an Event / Action. One thought is to see if you can use the SDP with a Notification message to your application. If a Top-Up is succesful you can use the ACK message with a ESB. This can then be used to trigger
    your application.

USSD Top-Up–AIR/AF–SDP–Notification (ACK)–ESB–Application

Another approach is to use a combination of AIR and SDP Event_Data_Records with
    Online and File / Event Mediation (EMM OLM / F-E).

VBR/ Wallis Dudhnath

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.