Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Dual Band vs Concentric Cell (Huawei)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AliAsgher

Dear Experts,

Can you please identify what are the key differences between Dual Band and Concentric cells in Huawei BSC6000? Which one is better in your experience?

Bijoy

Hi Ali
    Dual Band
    There are two physically independent cells (two co-site cells with different coverage
    radiuses) on different bands are configured with BCCHs and SDCCHs so that the cells form a cell group logically, mapping with the overlaid subcell and the underlaid subcell respectively.For the two cells in the group, the traffic channelresources are shared and the cell load is balanced through the dual-band network algorithm.

Concentric or Co-BCCH
    The concentric cell has one underlaid subcell and one overlaid subcell. If they act as a co-BCCH cell,the TRXs in the underlaid subcell are on a different frequency band from the
    TRXs in the overlaid subcell. All the TRXs in the same subcell, however, are on
    the same band.

Benefit
    In a concentric cll,one BCCH can be saved because the two bands are in the same cell. Thus the capacity is enhanced. Compared with the common dual-band network, the dual-band
    network using the co-BCCH cell(concentric cell) function has larger capacity.Also,the no. of neighbours are also lesser in a concentric cell compared to a dual band cell having 2 BCCH.

Br\\
    Bijoy

AliAsgher

Dear Bijoy,

Thanks for your explanation. I am confused in the fact that if Dual Band cells are actually 2 different (co-sited) cells, then why would we define a seperate type and parameters. Why can;t we simply treat them as two different cells and tune the cell level parameters correspondingly.

Maybe I am completely wrong but unfortunately right now I am away from documentation, I will try to re-read the documents and then repost any questions.

Thanks Bijoy.

Bijoy

Hi Ali
    I think you can do it.Only if you use “Enhanced dual Band Cell”,you need to define some parameters too accordingly.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Demetrius Hassan

Hello xperts,

please let me know the different btn enhanced dual band and concetric feature in huawei bsc600!

siris

hi all,
    in a 900 gsm site i configured one cell as 1800 (exclusive 1800 with 1800 bcch), i observed all the cells are defined as macro cells. i observed hand over problems between 1800 cell and 900 cells. what may be the possible reason . can any body kindly give a solution?

pix

hi,

what do you mean by HO Problem ? You could not possibly be LESS specific…

For multiband networks, you muist ensure that:
    1/ SI2 and SI5 will broadcast the “other-band” neighbours
    2/ MS will report “other band” neighbours
    3/ handover cause “better neighbour cell” is working also for target cells which are “other band” cells.

You have to find which parametrs are controlling those 3 points in your system.. If it were ALU, I could help.

Regards
    pix

Dell

Hi,
    which are parameters for configuring dual band cells and which are for the common bcch cells. Vendor is Alcatel-Lucent.
    Best regards,
    Dell

sahil

we are using huawei bsc6000 AND CELLS WE JABE CONFIGURED ARE NORMAL CELLS, CAN WE CONFIGURE CONCENTRIC CELLS IN OUR NETWORK AGAINST OUR BCCH FREQUENCY ISSUED.WHAT WILL BE BENEFITS FOR THE SAME.KINDLY

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.