Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

High SD Fail rate after B10 migration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hellsing

hi all, after B10 migration we faced sporadic SD Fail rate increase (about 30%) in many cells in our network (in both G2 and MX BSCs)?

how to investiguate in this case? is this normal behaviour? what are the curative actions to be done?

Pix

Hello hellsing,

It is not a standard behaviour. Having done a migration, you should get a heavy support from ALU engineering teams, you should quickly check with them.
    Usually, i recommend a TRX/RSL/BTS reset, but if it comes and goes by itself then there is perhaps another issue.

Cheers
    pix

Hellsing

we have alcatel support but since ten days they were not able do fix it, and they made only TCUC restart and problem is still there, could i fix this problem by having some traces, if so A interface or Air?

pix

hellsing,

have you tried the actions on the BTS, rather than the TCUC ? Locating the SDCCH ts on another ts ?

Abis trace would show the contents of the channel requests which are subsequently lost (cause estab, timing advance,..). But I’m not sure you’ll find anything interesting here… who knows, you still can try 🙂

Can you please check the main usage of the SDCCH Request (MC02 x) : loc upd ? MOC ? MTC ? SMS ?
    During the fail time, do you notice anything different about this distribution ?

cheers
    pix

Hellsing

Distribution is quite same as before and no changes during fail, i’ll check if we could have Abis Trace to check, but really ubnormal 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.