- This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years, 5 months ago by pix.
8th April 2010 at 05:23 #62042silexGuest
I have ping-pong HO due to Uplink strength, we use REMOTEK repeater and SIEMENS Multiband cell (2G), this ping-pong appears when the mobile is on 1800MHz. Would you help me to solve this problem.
Thanks.12th April 2010 at 05:32 #62043ManiaGuest
The issue might be due to any one of the following.
1. Wrong settings of HORXLVDLI / HORXLVDLO. Pls specify these settings alsong with GSM / DCS tilts.
2. Hardware Issue at DCS. be it the TRX or the combiner. Check level and Quality stats for TRXs.
3. HOM on neighbour level but that should have same issue with both calls on both GSM / DCS.
4. Tilting Issue with the DCS if you are using a separate tilt configuration or separate antenna.
5. TX power Issue at the TRX check PWRRED setting of DCS TRXs.
Plus there could be a few other reasons.
Hope this is of use..12th April 2010 at 17:36 #62044silexGuest
Thanks Mania, but this issue appears only in the room where i installed the repeater (indoor antenna, the serving cell is stable in other room. I have verified all your recommandation:
balanced HORXLVDLI / HORXLVDLO, HW suspected changed, same tilt in GSM/DCS, TX power=0 for all TRX. I have remark: the serving cell is stable near the indoor antenna (5m) then since unstable at 7m even the coverage is good ( RXlev=-69 dBm). What can I do for it?12th April 2010 at 19:15 #62045pixGuest
could you describe more precisely where is the repeater ?
is there a problem when MS is getting its coverage from the repeater ? or when the MS is getting coverage from the outdoor cell, in the vicinity of the repeater ?
I suspect the repeater is interfering the main outdoor cell, or perhaps there is a case of feedback leaking back into the repeater.
Where is your ‘donor’ antenna (the antenna of the repeater that is “catching” the signal from the main outdoor cell) ?
where is your repeater antenna ? (indoor ?)
what is the level from the outdoor cell in the room, when the repeater is “off” ?