- This topic has 56 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years, 1 month ago by push traffic to 3G.
26th July 2010 at 07:50 #61904machineGuest
hello pix, i’ve checked with core guys and everything is ok. pls do you think transmission issues may have to do with this26th July 2010 at 14:11 #61905pixGuest
transmission in the core network, yes, could be. A misconfigured router, for example 🙂
transmission on the Abis/Iub, no.26th July 2010 at 19:38 #61906machineGuest
Pls can you suggest how i can proceed with this troubleshooting, how do i start checking the routers? The trans team say that there’s no problem with the E1s and ATM. COuld there also be a problem of synchronization?27th July 2010 at 06:14 #61907pixGuest
I’m not sure what you mean by synchronization.
can’t you do a drive test to troubleshoot the problem ?
or a A / Iur interface trace ?
because based on your few lines describing the problem I’d say you have a lot of preparatory work before we can start troubleshooting. for example:
qos stats : what do they say ?
on 2G side ?
on 3G side ?
For a problem on such a big scale, you can ask to the RNC’s vendor for support.
regards27th July 2010 at 06:15 #61908pixGuest
mistake : “Iur” -> replace by IuCS / IuPS27th July 2010 at 18:17 #61909PaulGuest
@Sunny : related your opinions
1.Both 2G&3G have the same voice quality, 5.9 amr or 12.2 amr. What’s the relation with “to keep the 2 networks as independent as possible”. Need your help to explain it again 🙂
2.However the edge data user have to go have to idle mode reselection to 3G. I understand this 🙂
3.So it is important to put the 3G access parameter to floor , so it wont select 2G until 3G is dead. I’m sorry, i don’t understand clearly about this. What does mean “to put 3G access parameter to floor”?
@Machine : Sorry, my netwrok doesn’t use 3G ALU, but 3G Huawei. We only use ALU in 2G, but i think the concept is the same.
Paul28th July 2010 at 05:35 #61910SunnyGuest
1. I meant for voice traffic, there is no differnce in the voice quality of the end user(codec is the same) in either technology , there is no benefit for the voice user to go 3G.So keep the two technologies independent in order to maximize their capacity (NO IRAT),Use 2G only as a safety net to save the drop due to lack of 3G coverage
3. This is to maximize the 3G coverage in cell selection . When you put 3G access parameter to floor meaning,set the access paramter to min vaule allowed in your system example, ECIO >= -24 and RSCP=>= -118 ,
This way you made sure the only case the user will go to 2G is when the 3G has no usuable signal
Thanks28th July 2010 at 14:51 #61911machineGuest
what are thye common access parameter for UTRAN?3rd August 2010 at 13:47 #61912MachineGuest
After detailed investigation and analysis of UE specific traces, i have discovered that the failures are occurring immediately after the Handover command form UTRAN. in my opinion, maybe during the sending of HO access bursts from the UE to the target 2G, synchronization is not achieved.
Pls what do you think. is there a way to verify this? Any further ideas are most welcome.4th August 2010 at 09:43 #61913machineGuest
i’m still waiting for your reply.16th August 2010 at 10:49 #61914Optimization recruiterGuest
hello my friends,
Please, concerning Alcatel RNCs, does anyone know the name of the board/module that controls timing/Clocking?16th August 2010 at 18:40 #61915pixGuest
after the UE receives the HO COMMAND from the 3G NodeB, what happens ?
the UE should send HO ACCESS to the 2G cell, then if no answer from 2G cell, UE should revert back to the 3G cell.
regards27th August 2010 at 03:52 #61916broGuest
1. 2G to 3G HANDOVER is possible, we need to activate license (during dedicated mode), if on packet date, we called cell reselection.
2. 3G to 2G HANDOVER when fail, check 2G side, same BSIC, 2G blocking30th August 2010 at 07:35 #61917machineGuest
yes, after UTRAN command, and the HO access burst is sent, no synch occurs from the 2G side. I’ve chkd BSIC and BCCH, LAC, ID. all seems ok. Can I reset the RNC to align the clocks.7th September 2010 at 12:16 #61918alcatel manGuest
hello, pls is it possible to declare two different carrier frequencies for a single antenna in 3G