Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

DTM Feature activation in B10

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Bijoy

Pix
    “One exception is when the MS is involved in a pure UL transfer, Then DTM needs to be enabled in the cell to ensure that CS page is sent on the PACCH.”

This statement is for non DTM capable MS.Because during UL transfer,no information is sent from SGSN in DL UNITDATA.In this case,even if IMSI coordination is active,we need to enable DTM on that particular cell where the non DTM capable MS is located.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Pix

Bijoy,

Ok… it’s perhaps a vendor-specific trick.

Or.. well, perhaps you fear that a MS in pure UL TBF is not going to communicate its IMSI to the PCU. For that purpose (in ALU), there is a way to force this sharing of IMSI, even if the MS is in pure UL TBF (it is called RA CAPABILITY UPDATE). I believe it is a 3GPP feature, because it occurs between PCU and SGSN, on a standardized interface.

Anyway, a pure UL TBF is rare (impossibly rare ?) 🙂

cheers
    pix

Bijoy

Pix
    I’ve never said that IMSI co-ordination will not happen during UL transfer,I’ve only said that to acheive this we have to enable DTM on the cell where the non DTM capable MS is situated so that it may receive the CS paging during GMM mode.

Hope now everything is clear!!!

Br\\
    Bijoy

Pix

Bijoy,

Yes, but you didn’t explain why.
    It is the “why” I’m trying to understand : why do you need to enable the DTM feature in order to be able to receive a paging.

cheers,
    pix

Bijoy

Pix

Let me find this out whether it is vendor specific or not & what is 3Gpp’s say on this.Will update ASAP

Br\\
    Bijoy

SAFAR

HI PIX,BIJOY

i want to understand main cs paging and all its related parameters.i mean for cs paging from msc to bsc, bsc to bts,bts to ms.

and all eric parameters like mfframe,t3212,paging group.

plz help

Bijoy

Safar
    This forum is a bit restricted to meet your requirements.
    Please read Alex first & then ask for any doubt.

Br\\
    Bijoy

finch

Hello,
    what is DTM feature ?

safar

hi bijoy,

I am also just discussing if u don’t want to give answer then its ok but don’t give this type of order ok thanks

Bijoy

Safar
    I’ve no intention to spoil the dignity of this forum.So,please dont use such words,atleast against me.In fact,I’ve given you a suggestion ,if you consider it as an order,its your problem.

Aside Pix
    i think this restriction is only in Ericsson system,Huawei,ZTE,Motorola & Nokia has no such Issue.Also,the parameter “RA Capability Update”is available in all vendors,but still there is a restriction in Ericsson.Yet to find out why.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Pix

Bijoy,
    Thanks for the info’s. I wonder how you can all have all those info about so many vendors..

.. and thanks also for keeping the dignity of this forum intact 😉

safar

Hi bijoy,

don’t take personaly.ok leave it and share ur ideas.

Spidey

Why we should have the common ID procedure implemented on MSC to ensure DTM?

Santanu

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me about DTM feature in MOTOROLA BSC.Is License needed for that to enable it? Wha is the call flow for that ?
    Will there be 2 TS PDTCH & TCH with DTM enabled available with one MS?

Regards
    Santanu

Pix

Spidey,

Hello,

I know the “Common ID” is used in DTM so that MFS is aware of which DTM MS is in CS-dedicated mode.

I didn’t know it involved core network as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.