Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Relationship between call volume and BHT

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 21 years ago by JoeM.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JoeM

We are trying to reconcile our peak busy hour with our increased call volume. I haven’t found any good way to associate call volume increase and busy hour.

For example, we expect our call volume to increase 15%. With all other things being equal, what could I expect in terms of busy hour increase?

I presumed a linear relationship between increasing call volume and busy hour is not accurate.

Any help is appreciated.

joe

dmck

“with all other things being equal” I assume you have not attracted extra traffic through sales campaigns, discounts offered etc so the growth is just more of your standard business traffic.
    If so a linear relationship is an acceptable assumption.

15% growth for no effort? excellent–send some my way!!

nigel

Joe

You may need to consider whether your new line of business is the same as that you have at present. If it was aimed at a specfic age group, the peak time may vary to your existing profile. IF you advertise, when do the adverts take place etc etc

You may also need to look at the expected call handle time for the new business. Your peak hour in terms of calls may vary to your peak in terms of resources if the handle time for the new product varied considerably

JoeM

Thank you for the feedback. We expect our average handle times to remain the same. The increase is simply our business growing, no new lines or campaigns or anything.

I thought a linear relationship would be too simple, lol!

Thanks again for the advice.

joe

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.