Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

CW Measurement with TEMS Scanner

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    yasuka

Hi All,
    We’d like to have model tuning for GSM/UMTS network and decided get test transmitters (15W, omni antenna) and use TEMS phones (c702) as scanner.

We’ve purchased 2 transmitters (1 GSM/1 UMTS) And as these kind of equipments transmit continuous wave.

We were planning to use TEMS phones (c702) as scanner. But when I check TEMS manual, it seems not possible make CW measurement with TEMS phones, we should have DTI scanner (PCTEL) to measure continuous wave signal.

Is that right? If yes that means we made terrible mistake :(((

I’ve checked GSM/WCDMA scanning mode, there are only BCCH or CPICH scanning modes.. How I measure continuous wave like this? And not possible to transmit BCCH or CPICH from test transmitter modules I guess??

Anyone can help me on this? If I can not solve this with TEMS, we should cancel our transmitter purchase…

co

Can I get some details on the gsm/umts transmitters? I have a way to transmit cpich. Send me an email score.sandry@gmail.com

Suyash Deep Rai

please confirm about the exact equipment along with their technical specifications for the following activities.
    1. CW Measurement
    2. Spectrum Measurement.

• Receiver with fast scanner ( The receiver scanner rate should conform to the Lee Criteria of 36 to 50 sample per 40 wavelength)
    • CW Transmitter
    • Base Station test antenna ( Omni-directional )
    • Accessories ( Including flexible coaxial cable/jumper, Power meter, extended power cord, GPS, compass, altimeter etc ).

BAND – All the CW equipments (2.3 GHz).
    Both the testing will be for LTE

Scope of Work for CW measurement

Identifying at least 30-35 sites per city for CW test to cover all clutter types and morphologies adequately for model tuning purpose.
    Before conducting CW tests, a site survey will have to be carried out for each site and Survey Form to be filled (as per Annexure A) to verify the locations of site, space/power availability, reassess the site feasibility, pole locations etc.
    All the CW equipments (2.3 GHz) and accessories to be arranged by Vendors. It is mandatory to use the calibrated transmitter and receiver equipments. Calibration should not be older than 1 year.
    Snapshots of installation of CW test equipments (2.3 GHz) and power measurement should be taken before and after the drive test, Survey Form should be updated with relevant information including actual transmitter antenna height. Carrying out a detailed drive test as per the route provided. Special care to be taken, not to leave out any of the routes and collect maximum of data.
    Indoor penetration loss measurements should be taken for at least 10 samples for each clutter category (Skyscrapers, dense urban, and medium dense urban, low- dense urban, industrial, rural) in the city. The sample should be taken approximately 2 meters from the wall with average taken over period of 1 minute.

Scope of work for Spectrum Measurement
    Carrying out a drive test with RF scanner as per the route provided. Approximately 2000 Km per city . The scanner shall be configured to scan 25 MHz bandwidth in 2.3 GHz band. The centre frequency for the scanner in any given service area (telecom circle) shall be communicated at the time of award of contract. Thus 2.5 MHz of guard band on either side of the 20 MHz BWA channel will be covered in spectrum scanning.

Ussi

Why is it necessary to have measurements settings at 40 wavelength.

MVP

Dear team,

Can we use CW (countinuous wave) drive test for DTRS (Digital trunked radio system) survey on frequency bands of 300 Mhz/ 400 Mhz / 800 Mhz ?

If yes, how the license requirements (frequency band license from WPC and service license from TRAI) are managed ? Is it really applicable for CW drive test, I mean to say is it necessary for the vendor to possess WPC/TRAI license before conducting CW drive test ?

Please guide me asap. Thanks.

opti_baby

if you want to the cw scanning from 2MHz – 3000MHz, just contact us, the skype also same as ID, the most advanced scanning receiver in the world can scan 3000MHz /s, in same time, sensitivity is -134dBm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.