Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

handover failure due to protocol error

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    ALU

Dear Pix,
    Synchronous HO disabled but no improvement observed. I think the term ASYNCHRONOUS HO is used when we have Inter Site HO, for intra site HO’s , the BTS doesn’t send the Physical Information(probably because it already knows the TA values).
    Regarding timer T3105, don’t you think that even if we decrease it, it wont make any difference. The timer is the time between sending of consecutive Physical Info msgs. However, in our case , the Physical Info is not sent even at the first place.

pix

alu,

yes, changing the T3105 should not make any difference, but the BTS is not behaving “normally”… so I don’t know what will have an effect or not. Just testing and giving you ideas ๐Ÿ˜‰

When I’m back at the office in few days I will check what triggers (or not) the sending of the PHYS-INFO inside the BTS. But that’s probably what the RTAC is already doing ๐Ÿ™‚

Best Regards,
    pix

ALU

Dear Pix,
    1st of all happy new year….secondly, another good news 4 U…the problem is resolved.HURRAH!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
    The problem was with the clock of the Transcoder. it wasn’t set appropriately. I think they have to map E1’s with E1 and STM with STM(something like that) and after the correct mapping problem got resolved. Thanks for ur support in this regards…even though the problem was related to BSS but still it was a good detailed investigation from our side….great from learning point of view ๐Ÿ™‚

Moral Of the Story: “Inter BSC HO Failure Degradation doesn’t necessarily mean that the Core Team is the culprit ;)”

pix

alu,

great to know that ! I didn’t even know the TC had a specific clock ๐Ÿ™‚

So your TC is configured with E1 towards the Core Network and with STM1 towards the BSC, is that it ?

Thanks again for sharing all this, I hope it will be useful for others.

pix

and best wished to you too !!

ALU

It was surprising for me aswell..I think with everything on IP now,the new TCIF board has to be given a clock. The TC was having STM1 with MSC but the clockmode of the TC wasn’t set to anything(neither E1 nor STM).So,that’s why it was causing problems. Once, they set it correctly, problem got resolved.

pix

understood, thanks ๐Ÿ˜‰

Suresh

Hai,

we are using huawei Bts/Bsc/Msc. we are facing HO Failure with cause mentioned as L2 layer failure.Does anyone know the reason for this HO Failure.

Mic

Hi ALU,

TC Clock is a great thing to know, Can you tell me in detail how to check it & what corrections need to be done….It will be very helpful to resolve if any such issue is there

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.