Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Air Interface traffic and Ater Traffic

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Gem

Guys Urgent help required. Which should be larger if you take a BSC into consideration:- Total no of attempts from subscriber till BSC OR the traffic from BSC to MSC.

Or should it be same.

Pix

i’m not sure i understand the question… my answer is “it should be the same”

gem

Pix,

The case is I am taking erlang counter on the BSC which comes to x. Now when I take the CGR report of that particular BSC ie, (AMR and non AMR circuit), I get an erlang y which is less than x

Surprisingly,when I take the calls in the BSC and compare it with the total of “Call in” and “call out ” of the the AMR and non AMR CGRs, i get a value 60000 more than that of total calls.

I am confused

Bijoy

Gem
    The Switch traffic will always be slightly less than the radio traffic.
    Regarding Call in BSC,I think you consider only the MO & MT,& not the inter BSC incoming HO calls,whereas in CGR,i think you count the CGR switching calls too,as well as the incoming HO calls from other BSC’s.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Gem

Thanks Bijoy for the reply.

OK so you mean to say, I shouldnt be taking the CGR report.

So which counter will give me the correct picture on how many calls are there in ater so that handover attempts gets avoided

Bijoy

Hi Gem
    What is your vendor?I think every vendor has separate counters in BSC for MO,MT,incoming HO calls.I’m not so sure about the calls demarkation in CGR,some vendors do have,some dont.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Gem

Vendor is Nokia. COunter name at CGR level would be required

Bijoy

Please check the p_nbsc counters in BSC to have exact no. of calls for MO,MT & Incoming HO from other BSC’s

Br\\
    Bijoy

Gem

Bijo, On a second thought, handover doesn’t seem to be the correct root cause.

We are looking at that particular BSC CGR only

Bijoy

Gem
    Then how does the incoming HO to that BSC from other BSC’s & the intra CGR (say AMR-AMR or NAMR-AMR) HO is accounted for as they need a circuit too in that BSC.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Gem

Even if a sub moves from a different BSC to “our” BSC, the channel in the air would also get used which means a TCH is allocated and hence increases the no of calls in that BSC.

Suffice to say that a inter BSC handover would result in a channel in the air as well as ater simultaneously

What do you think

Bijoy

Exactly Gem
    Take the total “IN” & “OUT” calls from CGR.
    Also,take total “MO”,”MT” & “IncominG HO calls from Other BSC” for that BSC.They should be exactly equal.

I think,The total calls you are taking doesn’t comprise the Incoming HO calls from other BSC.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Bijoy

But
    Even your total calls will match in CGR & BSC,dont think that CGR traffic will be equal to the BSC radio traffic.

The CGR Traffic will always be less than the BSC radio traffic.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Gem

Yes Bijo.. I get it now. Checked it with the raw reports .Thanks a lot for the guidance

Naimish Malhotra

What is the full form of CGR?
    Whts d exact function of it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.