Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

RACH Min Access Level vs RX Min Aces Lev

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by jox101.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jox101

Hi,

Anyone here knows the difference between RACH Min Access Level and RX Min Access Level? Which is better to modify if you want paging success to improve?

pix

the parameter names are not exactly the same as in alcatel, but i’ll gve it a shot anyway. please correct me if i’m wrong

RACH min access level : sensitivity threshold of the TRX, below which it will not care to decode the content of a message (UL) sent on the RACH.

RxMinAccessLevel : threshold below chich a MS will considered itself as “Out of Coverage”. If you set it at -102dBm, then … if the MS receives -103dBm or less, it will be out of coverage. Won’t send the channel request, won’t decode DL messages. Will try to reselect another cell.

I’m not sure that either parameter would improve the PSR. You can test them though…
    (the 1st parameter is probably not changeable and depends on TRX capabilities)

cheers
    pix

ATTO

Hello Pix,

I was thinking of : RACH Min Access Level = RXLEV_ACCESS_MIN in Alcatel and

RX Min Access Level = RXLEV_MIN_n in Alcatel . And therefore instead of MS being “Out of Coverage” as u said it will be threshold allowing Incoming handover at cell level.

What do u think ?

Regards.

pix

Atto,

Not much to think, really… You can be right, but look… I was thinking :
    RACH min access level = RACH_BUSY_THRES

RxMinAccessLevel = RXLEV_ACCESS_MIN

When you look at the names, I find my solution to be more coherent, don’t you ? Those are just assumptions anyway…

jox101

Thanks for the info!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.