Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Calculation of Downtime of TRX in Ericss

• This topic has 12 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by ATTO.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    NK

Dear All,

Anyone knows how to calculate TRX downtime in Ericsson. Thank you in advance

Regrads,
    NK

ATTO

Hello,

I know u could have Cell downtime with Ericsson by using sts counters : TDWNACC, TDWNSCAN .
    But TRX downtime ? i don’t think such things exists.

Regards.

NK

Hal0 ATTO,

Would you tell us difference between TDWNACC and BDWNACC?

Regards,
    NK

Bijoy

Hi NK
    There is no object type such as TRX in Ericsson
    Atto
    TDWNACC The counter is stepped every tenth second if there are no TCHs in IDLE or BUSY state in the cell and the cell state is ACTIVE.

TDWNSCAN The counter is stepped every tenth second when the cell state is ACTIVE.

Br\\
    Bijoy

NK

Dear Bijay,

Thank you for your suppport.

This means that all TCH TS are locked and signalling channels are ON???

Also, I want to know abt counter to calculate SDCCH availablity. By definition,

SDCCH Available/SDCCH defined. Do you know counters to calculate SDCCH availablity?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Bijoy

Hi NK
    For SDCCH availability,check CAVAACC for underlaid & CAVAACC for overlaid subcell.However these counters take into account the dynamic SDCCH’s too.

Br\\
    Bijoy

NK

Dear Bijoy,

TDWNACC counter is only triggered when some of or all of TCH Timeslots are locked but BCCH IS ACTIVE. Am I correct?

regards,
    NK

Bijoy

Hi NK
    Yes,maybe locked or faulty.

Br\\
    Bijoy

ATTO

Hi NK,

TDWNACC is triggered only when all TCH channels are out of service for any reasons that can be hard/soft.

BDWNACC is triggered when BCCH channel is not available.

When TCHs time slots are locked this means that these TCHs are already carrying Half rate Traffic ( 1 HR traffic). Ongoing assignments of TCh will only be HR.

Regards.

Bijoy

By locked I meant blocked TSL by user or due to anything.Ericsson has this typical BPC concept where FR TCH shows locked if HR is ongoing on that particular RTSL,by TCH you should mean both FR TCH & HR TCH

Br\\
    Bijoy

ATTO

Hi Bijoy,

I understand what u mean. It is just as u said an Ericsson concept for TCH FR/HR state : locked/blocked.

Br..

NK

Dear ATTO and Bijoy,

Thank you for your support. TDWNACC counter is only triggered when all TCH are faulty or blocked but BCCH is active and TDWNSCAN is triggered as long as BCCH is active.

Thank you.

Regards,
    NK

ATTO

Hello NK,

U said “TDWNSCAN is triggered as long as BCCH is active.”

Or (BDWNACC / TDWNSCAN) * 100 gives u the downtime percentage of BCCH channel. U see the problem ? if BCCH is inactive for 1 hour , this from your point of view will give us TDWNSCAN = 0, or BDWNACC will be 0 -> 0 / 0 = undefined.

TDWNSCAN is just a scan counter independant of the availabilty of BCCH, TCH. Even when BCCH is inactive , TDWNSCAN is scanned that is why u can get downtime of channels.

Regards.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.