Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

DL measurements doesn’t arrive

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    questener

Hello everybody!
    I am working with customer traces to find problems in network and solve them.
    So in some traces there is a strange situation, when after HO from GSM to DCS MS stops sending DL measurements and fixates them at level, when HO happened. At first I thougth that this is phone problem but problem occures to too many customers and aren’t there all the time (One call is OK, next one have this problem). Maybe you have any ideas why it is so.
    We are using Siemens equipment with BR.10

Michele

The DL Meas REp sending is handled on TRX bases. It depends on the following attributes of the TRX Object:

1) radioMeasRep (Meas rep enabled/disabled)

2) radioMeasGran (radio Meas Rep granularity).

On Siemens equipment PC and HO are performed on BTS, so it is no necessary to send DL Meas Rep to BSC every SACCH period.
    With these two attributes we can limitate the Abis traffic.

questener

Hi, Michele!
    Thanks for your replay, but there looks that problem is a little bit more deeper, because for all network we have the same radioMeasRep and radioMeasGran values but problem occurs only in DCS1800 sectors and only time to time.
    Another interesting thing that I noticed is that BS power reduction level for those affected calls that are in DCS sectors goes up to max almoust immediatly, even if UL level isn’t good and worsens but DL all the time is the same.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.