Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Samsung phones cannot complete MO an MT

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    NJ

Hi all;
    Could someone help me to find the cause of call probem MO and MT for only Samsung handset on Siemens BSC.
    We use Ericsson as MSC (2), Huawei,Siemens and Ericsson for BSC and only this problem appears when the MS is connected through Siemens BSC (bsc72 and bsc120).
    Is there some parameters specific for Samsung to be set on MSC or BSC sides?
    Thank u in advance.

NJ

paraHO

NJ
    The problem with your question is an assumption by you that everyone knows the “call problem”. We don’t. What are the exact problems with Samsung mobile originated and mobile terminated calls?

– Do the originating calls fail to terminate?
    – Do the originating calls suddenly terminate for no reason?
    – Is it calls cannot be originated, in which case the calls cannot be terminated (based on logic that the calls haven’t originated in the first place)?
    – Is the quality of the calls in issue?
    – Is there a problem with IMEI/SCM?
    – Are the Samsungs using a strange charset for messaging – a UCS/UTF that your system is not recognising?
    – Which models numbers of Samsung are you having a problem? (Clearly this isn’t an intenrational problem because this Board would be fully of queries and complaints)
    – have you checked with Samsung technical departmemt to confirm any issued technical fault reports?
    Is is that the BSC is failing to recognise calls from these Samsung handsets?

I see the BSC is where you indicate the problem is detected, so apart from the queries above there are still many more queries that could be put to you.

Help us by telling us what the exact problem are first?

Also a million-rupee question for you. How do you know only Samsungs phones have these problems?

best regards

NJ

Hi paraHO,
    Most of new brand of Samsung (SGH-I900, SGH-Z400, SGH-U700 and more), cannot originate call nor receive call if they are served by Siemens BSC.

Location Update, SMS, GPRS are working correctly.

On Outgoing call, the MSC doesn’t receive the setup message and the call setup is dropped on a timer expiry

On Terminating call, the mobile rings but cannot connect.
    If possible give me your mail adress then I can send to you the conclusion from MSC vendor.
    Regards,

paraHO

NJ

here is my email: paraho2003@yahoo.com

Pix

Any additional info about this ?

NJ

Hi Pix,
    ITs is solved after changing the parameter: System Information MSC release 99
    SIMSCREL99=TRUE,

Thanks for all.

NJ

paraHO

NJ I sent a reply to your email. I see it worked out for you.

NJ

Hi paraHO,

I ve received your mail and it is very helpfull.

Thanks again.

NJ

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.