- This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 1 month ago by NJ.
24th February 2010 at 06:38 #61149NJGuest
Could someone help me to find the cause of call probem MO and MT for only Samsung handset on Siemens BSC.
We use Ericsson as MSC (2), Huawei,Siemens and Ericsson for BSC and only this problem appears when the MS is connected through Siemens BSC (bsc72 and bsc120).
Is there some parameters specific for Samsung to be set on MSC or BSC sides?
Thank u in advance.
NJ24th February 2010 at 07:09 #61150paraHOGuest
The problem with your question is an assumption by you that everyone knows the “call problem”. We don’t. What are the exact problems with Samsung mobile originated and mobile terminated calls?
– Do the originating calls fail to terminate?
– Do the originating calls suddenly terminate for no reason?
– Is it calls cannot be originated, in which case the calls cannot be terminated (based on logic that the calls haven’t originated in the first place)?
– Is the quality of the calls in issue?
– Is there a problem with IMEI/SCM?
– Are the Samsungs using a strange charset for messaging – a UCS/UTF that your system is not recognising?
– Which models numbers of Samsung are you having a problem? (Clearly this isn’t an intenrational problem because this Board would be fully of queries and complaints)
– have you checked with Samsung technical departmemt to confirm any issued technical fault reports?
Is is that the BSC is failing to recognise calls from these Samsung handsets?
I see the BSC is where you indicate the problem is detected, so apart from the queries above there are still many more queries that could be put to you.
Help us by telling us what the exact problem are first?
Also a million-rupee question for you. How do you know only Samsungs phones have these problems?
best regards24th February 2010 at 13:39 #61151NJGuest
Most of new brand of Samsung (SGH-I900, SGH-Z400, SGH-U700 and more), cannot originate call nor receive call if they are served by Siemens BSC.
Location Update, SMS, GPRS are working correctly.
On Outgoing call, the MSC doesn’t receive the setup message and the call setup is dropped on a timer expiry
On Terminating call, the mobile rings but cannot connect.
If possible give me your mail adress then I can send to you the conclusion from MSC vendor.
Regards,25th February 2010 at 12:47 #61152paraHOGuest
here is my email: firstname.lastname@example.org February 2010 at 15:05 #61153PixGuest
Any additional info about this ?1st March 2010 at 06:43 #61154NJGuest
ITs is solved after changing the parameter: System Information MSC release 99
Thanks for all.
NJ1st March 2010 at 16:48 #61155paraHOGuest
NJ I sent a reply to your email. I see it worked out for you.2nd March 2010 at 07:05 #61156NJGuest
I ve received your mail and it is very helpfull.