Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Extended_TBF_Alcatel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    toto

Hi all, is there anybody to use in his Alcatel system the Extended_UL_TBF(IEUTM)feature. And what can be expected effect for KPI’s when the feature is activated?
    ….is there any additional parameters to be changed when the IEUTM is activated?
    Thank you in advance.

Rex

Hi toto,
    In our network we have activated Extended_UL_TBF in some urban cells. Regarding KPI, UL_TBF drop increased a bit, DL_TBF drop decreased, DL TBF establishment success is better. We did some data tests and Round Trip Time improved (decreased) e.g. pinging google from RTT=around 600 [ms] decreased to RTT=around 300 [ms]. The only drawback I saw is UL TBF Drop increasing, but not too much (from 3.5 % to 5 %) and DL_TBF drop improved (from around 4% to around 3%). Regarding additional parameters I don’t know. I would be grateful if somebody knows whether it’s needed any other parameter.
    Best Regards,
    Rex.

toto

Hi Rex,
    thank you for answer…
    After the IEUTM activation in our network the TBF_UL_drop is increased as in yours, but the my trouble is that there are some cells that the TBF_UL_drop is increased too much(from 0,95% to 25% in BH)…

Rex

Hi toto,
    how many TRXs did you activate for GPRS/EGPRS? And how is your SDCCH_DROP rate?
    Regards,
    Rex

toto

Hi Rex,
    about the SDCH drop, there is no SDCH drop for this TBF_Dropped cell and the number of TRX for GPRS/EGPRS are depends on configuration, but they are more than one…..

Rex

Hi toto,
    What state is parameter PS_PREF_BCCH_TRX in those cells?

toto

Hi Rex,
    about your question, more of Dropped cells are with Bcch served TRX(ps_pref_bcch_trx) is 1, but there are cells and with 0 value for “ps_pref_bcch_trx”.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.