Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SDCCH Congestion

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dannn

Hi guys. Im experiencing some extraordinary SDCCH congestion on one site located at a LAC border. The vendor in that area is Ericsson. For most cells at LAC borders, we are using CRH=6 but this value ain’t working for this two cells.
    Would someone kindly assist on this?

safar

Hi,

u can also put c2 value and will control sd congestion

Louisa

Hi,

how do I calculate the SDCCH congestion, also the TCH congestion?

pix

hello,

for tch congestion, count the number of 48.008 ASSIGMENT FAILURE (cause: “no radio resource available”)

for sdcch congestion, it’s triky :
    count the number of times a 48.058 CHANNEL REQUIRED is received by BSC but **not** followed by a 48.058 CHANNEL ACTIVATION (sent from BSC to BTS).

and

count the number of IMMEDIATE ASSIGN REJECT (available only if the feature is activated)

cheers
    pix

Bijoy

Hi Pix
    What feature are you talking about??
    We dont need any feature to count IMMEDIATE ASSIGN REJECT in OSS.Do we??

Br\\
    Bijoy

Pix

No, but there will be Immediate Assign Reject to be counted only if you allow the system to send them.

So you need to activate the feature, otherwise you’ll just count “zero” all the time 🙂

(which is not a problem actually… is that what you mean ?)

pix

Bijoy

Hi Pix
    As far as I know,BSC sends IMMD Assgn Reject to the MS each time for
    1.no available channel
    2.channel activation failure
    3.channel activation timeout

for each type of access reason.I dont know any such feature in any vendor which prohibits this(except ALU).

Also,you are right,we dont need to count this,as we need to count only SDCCH seizure requests & successful SDCCH seizures to account for SDCCH Blocking.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Lvin

Dear Friends

hi to all
    who can help us about the Erlang?
    please we have cells with 20% Tch congestion ,half rate (50% with AMR and 20 without AMR) the Erlangs are 6.
    so must the Erlang over 21 because of each cells 4 TRX and TCH availabilities are 100%.
    please help us for this problem.

thanks
    Regards;

Pix

Bijoy ,

The difference between Request and Success will give you oth congestion rejections and radio failures (or possible hardware failures).
    The only way is to count the difference between Channel Request and Channel activation.
    This way, the result only shows the rejections dur to congestion.

I didn’t know about the Imm asg Reject feature being so specific to ALU. And the worse thing is that it is disabled by default !

———————————-
    Lvin,

could you check the erlang per TRX, to detect unused TRX, perhaps ?

Cheers,
    pix

Bijoy

Pix
    Channel Activation failure can also happen due to faulty RTSL.Also.Imm assgn reject comes due to Ch,nnel act. timeout.

In all vendors, I think there is an exact counter to account for SDCCCH channel requests rejected due to busy sdcch.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Pix

Bijoy,

Yes, there is probably such a counter, that’s true.

channel activation failures are quite rare, but ok, that’s a risk i didn’t mention 🙂

pix

PSR

PSR

Mania

Hi Dann,
    I think the best solution would be to drive the area and confirm if the LAC updates are due to pingpong Location updates / genuine updates.
    If Pingpong: increase CRH on both cells between by 2dB initially and fine tune.
    Other wise you can increase CRH of neighbouring cell towards this cell take it to 8 and then tune.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.