Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Gb over IP dimensioning

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hemal

Hi,

Does any one know how to dimension a GB over FR network to Gb over IP.

On what basis IP Pool size is decided?

Lincoln Villagomez

the most risky about this is about possible bottle neck GboFR can be having. so when you swap to GboIP you will double or triple your current traffic and have great impact over your access network. So you have 2 scenarios 1.- if you don’t have over demand on radio ressources you ‘ll have the same IP traffic that you had on FR.
    2.- if you are having oversuscription on your radio access it is needed to evaluate it to estimate the ip traffic you’ll liberate. that’s where fun engineering takes place

Pix

Lincoln,

Are you saying that “if” the GboFR used to be congested, then -when swapping to GboIP- the extra bandwidth on IP will generate a peak on the radio network ?

That’s a weird way to look at it 🙂 The Gb interface shall never be congested, and I’ve never meet an operator where this interface is congested…

So in reality, GboFR is not a bottlneck. But please correct me if i’m wrong.

The IP datagram uses a bigger header than FR datagram, so the GboIP traffic will use something like 10% more bandwidth than before. Just compare headers to know the exact value, I’m sure such computations can be found online.

Cheers
    pix

Lincoln Villagomez

IP pool size can be given by the number of packet processing cards on each BSC.
    you should choose your ip pool sized to the max of your bsc. Physical media should not be a problem since you should be using GigEth on all your interfaces.

Goerge

Hi
    What is the issues whcih should take in considration from SGSN side ?
    and what is the Parameters from SGSN side which should be defined on SGSN?

Dhiraj

Hi,

Can anybody tell me, what is class of service / quality of media required for implementing Gb over IP in NSN BSCs.

PS Core Engr.

The implementation of Gb interface over IP can be carried out by assigning the NS- VCs as an IP address endpoints either statically or dynamically. It will be terminated via the ethernet connections, between the endpoints. the NS – VCs can be composed of the IP address and the UDP ports.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.