Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

TCH drops due to suddenlylostconnections

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eric4u

Hi,
    What are the reasons that cause drop reasons due to suddenly connections?
    This is the scenario I am faced with:
    I have a site SITEX performing well that is connected transmission-wise to a transmission-hub site SITEY. Some transmission upgrade job took place on the hub site SITEY and the connected site SITEX started having TCH drops like crazy; drops increased from 1.5% to 40% and 99% of the reasons are suddenly lost connections. I tried to use statistics to show the correlation between transmission issues and the drops but this attempt was not successful; there was not direct trend between the drops and DIP supervision stats (ES, SES, UAS) nor between the drops and the LAPD stats (CLINKFAIL,CPROCOLERR and COVERLOAD). How else will I be able to show that the drops have something to do with transmission problems?

SB

To Eric4u,

It seems to be faulty TRU or DTRU.If you could move the radios (DTRU/TRUs) to other good sector where drops are still normal…we had similar issue and first trial of that swapping out DTRU on good sector confirmed the bad DTRU..depending upon how many DTRU/TRUs you have on that sector there could be some bad ones….we even tried swapping CDU from other sectors and trying to eliminate the which hardware part could be bad…as you alreaday checked the transport side (T1/E1) errors/severe errors etc but at the same time try to reset the smartjack…and see what happens.Good luck and let me now how it goes.Thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.