Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Changing HSN

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric4u

Hi,
    I am using a random HSN plan on CHGR1 making sure that I vary HSNs for neighbouring sites. However from drive test results I find out that I have interference issues on 1 cell in its CHGR1. I want to change the HSN to resolve this interference. Any guidelines?
    Thanks.

Pix

Eric,

If you see interference, it is probably not due to a wrong choice of HSN. Rather, it is probably due to too much overlap between this cell’s coverage with its neighbours. Try downtilting the neighbours and the serving, perhaps even reduce the antenna height.

Are you using 1×1 or 1×3 SFH ?

SB

Eric,

You can try that which is Easy, time saving and cost effective to do to initial analysis.After changing the HSN you can redrive the area and monitor kpis.
    If you have scanner drive for that area to identify the site/sectors which may be overshooting and ultimately you may end up with long term solution where you may need to downtilt the sectors or if you are using newer RET capable antenna then you can do the electrical tilt without sending the tower climber to do any changes.Good luck.

Thanks

MF

Dear
    it will be better to pay attention on MAIO planning, Only HSN cant be the medicine for every sickness. and from other side, if you dont have enough freq. band, u have to change the HSN for the cells in the same site, because you cant make a site with full TRX configuration with out changing HSN of the cells with the same site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.