- This topic has 16 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years, 7 months ago by C300G.
15th January 2010 at 10:52 #60722SpideyGuest
We are planning to implement Gd Interface in our network, nsn equipment: what are the main test that could be performed? any recommendations for configuration?18th January 2010 at 11:30 #60723C300GGuest
Check following procedures via Gd:
5. CAP-interworking with SCP for (Prepaid subscribers)
For home subscribers with 1packet SMS.
For home subscribers with multi-packet SMS.
For inbound roamers.18th January 2010 at 12:25 #60724SpideyGuest
thanks C300G, could you explain me furthermore the point 3,4 and 5.
I’am new @ NSS side 🙂18th January 2010 at 12:48 #60725C300GGuest
4. Some node (SGSN or SMSC) must generate CallDetailRecords about MT-SMS and MO-SMS for Postpaid bills.
5. In case if You have prepaid subscribers in Your network, You shold check IDP-messages presence from SGSN to Your SCP with information for prepaid billing.18th January 2010 at 12:56 #60726C300GGuest
3. StatusReport mesages must be sent by SMSC to MS if he requested it in SMS packet.18th January 2010 at 13:03 #60727C300GGuest
just what are the ways to check the CDR and the status Report messages?18th January 2010 at 13:05 #60728spideyGuest
Sorry the last post was mine, also could you detail the one packet sms and multi packet sms?
what are the size of the packet, characters???18th January 2010 at 14:30 #60729C300GGuest
>just what are the ways to check the CDR
Check therir presence, make sure number, date, time are right.
>and the status Report messages?
Check their presence on Gb-interface.
>what are the size of the packet, characters???
With 7bit encoding 1packet – about 140 chars.
With UCS2 encoding 1packet – about 64 chars.
See GSM 03.40 for details.18th January 2010 at 14:31 #60730SpideyGuest
Thanks u were very helpful.18th January 2010 at 14:31 #60731C300GGuest
It’s a basic tests. Some of them might be not necessary due to services.20th January 2010 at 10:43 #60732SpideyGuest
Just another question, to check the usage of SMS encoding i ask the VAS Guy (SMSC one) and he said me that all enconding scheme are supported and that it depends on the mobile, so how determine the encoding for SMS?20th January 2010 at 11:54 #60733C300GGuest
See field DCS bits 2,3 (counting from 0) in SMS-PDU.4th February 2010 at 07:40 #60734SpideyGuest
Hi, while testing SMS over GPRS the mobile must be alwys GPRS attached to send or receive an SMS in this mode, os this behaviour normal?8th February 2010 at 10:10 #60735SpideyGuest
Anyone who know these details plz.9th February 2010 at 10:45 #60736C300GGuest
Yes. Must be attached.