Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Double BCCH in TEMS

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Dery

Hi All,

I have been noticing something strange when I am doing a drivetest with TEMS investigation.

Sometimes I notice the same cell appearing twice on the “Serving + Neigours” Window, with the same BCCH. I’m tempted to think this is as a result of multipath effects, but I need clarification. Can you help me out?

Regards,

Dery

SB

Hi Dery

are you using any cell sites definition files which you may have imported to show cell sites name and otherinfo.any duplicate entry there:we had similar issue but that was totally data entry issue and displyed the info.twice.are you using TEMS 6.0 or 9.0 ?

Thanks

JB

Hi SB ,

We are not using any cell file still we are getting the double BCCH and BSIC.

TheDarkKnight

Hey Dery,

One of the scenarios in which a cell appears twice in the Serving + Neighbors window in TEMS is when Common BCCH config is used. If, for example, your BCCH is defined on 900 band only, and you are camped on the 1800 band, the cell will be displayed twice in the Serv+Nbrs window.

Eric4u

I think it has to do with your active BA list. If the serving cell’s BA list contains its own BCCH then it will measure its own frequency as a neighbour frequency. Check your active BA lists and see.

pawandeep

it is related to Double BA list .
    if it is activated then it will appear twice otherwise it will be normal.
    Check your Double BA list activation.

agz

I think this due to power control enabled in ur cell..one shows ur bcch s/g level
    (no pc) and other level wn u r on power control….

Lex

hi all the double bcch and bsic is due to the dual band ie if ur on 1800 then it sends mr’s of 900 and vice versa.

guru

I think its due to dual band cell with single bcch. we also observed the same in TEMS

Mania,

Hi Dery,
    Actually the answer is a mix of all the three.
    When you are on the inner-zone of a concentric cell. them some opperators allow you the option to include your own BCCH in the BA list thereby for inter-cell HO the outer-GSM-BCCH is compared with neighbouring BCCHs instead of the inner (DCS) level which is lower than GSM due to propogation loss difference / TX power difference.
    The other option being to have a hysterisis defined va parameter to assist you in intercell HOs from inner-Zone. so its good. Pls tell us of your vendor so we can tell you what they are using / which parameter to varify

khaled

why i can see in serving+niubour window the same bcch twice for same cell name ? what does it refer to

sirasibe

you use power control your cell. I tired it

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.