Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

HO duration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TmBo

Hello Pix,

Plz how long (average) take a HO inter-MSC ? Normal HO ? HO Inter-BSC ?

Thanks

Pix

TmBo,

I don’t remember… I could try to find the values next week. Maybe someone else knows that ?

-pix

DaviD

Hi!
    First of all, as you might know there are several tipes of HO according to their cause of origin: level,quality,distance, power budget etc. For each of them there are specific time period in BSC database called Handover averaging window. So for each of this tipe of HO the above mentioned values of level,quality,distance, power budget are measured first and if any of them exceeds the threshold specified for level,quality,distance, power budget then this tipe of HO is executed. To find out what are the averaging periods you must see the values of HOAVLEV,HOAVQUAL,HOAVDIST,HOAVPWRBin your database. Those parameter names are for the Siemens BSS.

Firas

i guess these would be filters and measured by SAACH unit, right?

Pix

Firas : yes

David : TmBo is probably talking about the “outage” due to the HO procedure, or perhaps the duration between the HO Request and the HO Command. His post is a little ambiguous though, I agree.

The outage is not linked to the average window, it is due to the time the MS takes to move from the old TCH to the new TCH.

The duration between the request and the command depends on where is lcoated the target cell : same BSC, different BSC, different MSC, ..

Cheers,
    pix

Firas

so dos it mean that even if the filters are set to some values the connectivity and higher nodes processing might cause different delays?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.