Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

SDCCH congestion with low SDCCH traffic

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GMN

hi all,
    could u hel me about what is the reason for SD congestion ,even we have enough number of SDCCH ?for example the cell carry max 3 erlang sd traffic with 2 SDCCH(16) but some times it has 4% SD congestion,(the system is Ericsson),
    tanx in adance

Rex

Hi GMN,
    check whether one SDCCH TS (8 sub channels) is not working. If you have configured 1 SDCCH TS on BCCH TRX, the other on second TRX, check the second TRX. Reset that TRX or corresponding TCUC. Or, remove the SDCCH from second TRX and put on another TRX.
    Regards,
    Rex

Firas

also check if it is on LA border and if the LUs (RAOTHER) increased suddenly, or if outages are happening on the surrounding cells causing big camping on the congested cell

GMN

hi Rex
    tanx alot,but what do u mean by TCUC?

Rex

Hi GMN,
    sorry I didn’t specified, it’s Alcatel’s TRX Control Unit Card (TCUC) and manages the signalization of TRE (transceiver equipment). For Ericsson I don’t know which part is responsible for that.
    Regards,
    Rex

PCS

Hi REX,

Have you checked Abis Connection and its BER? I also in Optim Alcatel. We found SDCCH Congestion but No TCH COngestion in Busy hour. Finally, it’s all because Abis Transmission.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.