Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Traffic over E1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    MKT

Hi,
    I just want to know that:
    Can we send data = more than the capacity of E1.

Imean if E1= 2Mbits/sec
    then is it possible to send more than 2Mbps over a E1.

Regards

MKT

My question is somehow different in a sense that I want to know is it possible to send more than 2Mbps over an E1. As you know the source Node-B has to send user traffic over E1’s. Here we are using ATM over E1. I want to know is it possible that when 2Mbps delivered at the destination actually conveys more than 2Mbps. As you can see that 6Mbps ceiling for a cell doesn’t make a big sense coz it will be reached with 2-3 UE’s alone.

Pix

1 E1 can carry up to 2Mb/s.
    That’s the way it is, and it cannot be exceeded.

This is why the transmission networks are moving to IP transport, rather than E1.

MKT

Same Time slot can carry ( or can convey to be precise)THREE TIMES MORE in EDGE in comparison to GSM. Like that I asked this question, it might be possible to send more information or bits or bits/sec by using certain number of bits or bits/sec to convey or understand more than. Lets forget it.

AliAsgher

Dear MKT,

Lets say for EDGE we have got a different coding scheme which enables more bitrate giving us more throughput. The analogy in case of E1 will be routers (designed by Cisco) which actually compress/decompress the data coming in/out of the transmission. And hence they may reduce the usage of E1 to half or so.

We have got quite some of these routers in our network and they are doing a good job. 🙂

Pix

Ho yeah, that’s correct. You can optimize the E1 capacity, by using special “traffic aggregator” equipments.

Bijoy

Another option will be HDLC:-)

Br\\
    Bijoy

Pan

Bijoy, HDSL May Be? 🙂 It is not pure E1. It have line coding differ from one, standardizided for E1.

MKT, E1 is only E1 and nothing more. It have bit rate = 2048 kbit/s from point of view of transmitter and line code HDB3 according to G.703. I.e. you have a “pipe” with throughput 2048 kbit/s.
    But you may have a Source (or sources) which generates some bit stream with speed bit rate > 2048 kbit/s and you should negotiate your bit stream with throughput of your bottleneck “pipe”. You do this by means of any well-known methods of sourse coding (or compression) dependently from source characteristics (for example Shennon or Haffman, Lempel-Ziv, JPEG, MPEG or others..)
    B.R.

Bijoy

Pan
    I thought we are talking about increasing capacity over physical E1(media),not about some ANSI or ETSI line coding(E1/T1)

Br\\
    Bijoy

MKT

Hi,
    Thanks for reply,

The question asked by me is not totally baseless.

Just look at the scenario.

A Bit must have a certain duration.
    The minimum the duration of bit the more will be the number of bits per second transmitted.

For the case of E1,
    we have a time slot ( usual with TDMA) and there we have certain bits fitted in it.

Now it is not possible to alter the standard itself, i mean the source and destination nodes cannot change the standard itself. Both the nodes have studied the same school of standardization and thus they have no choice other than to obey the rules of G.703.

But the case takes a twist when
    both of them, i mean nodes agreed to interpret the sequence of bits being delivered to them by E1 in some other way.

for example they might start doing like this

we will not do anything until our tray is filled with 20 bits.
    These bits are not the bits but actually a code that only source and destination knows.

For every 20 bits received the destination node will look the sequence

for example
    1000100010111011…

this sequence will be compared with a coding table.

and it might be possible that these 20bits can correspond to another sequence of 40 bits

Thus it might be possible that
    even though you have received 20 bits in one second ,
    but you have understood 40 bits and that too in one second.

What do you say?

As i am not well versed with transmission standards but
    when i hear things like

ATM over SDH
    IP over SDH

that, just confuses me why we are riding a transmission technique over other if it is not providing any gain in
    what you call
    bits per second OR
    Information at a rapid rate!!!

kamal

One n d same..
    It is called source coding which can vary according to devices which we are using..
    Line coding remain same in case of E1 or T1..

Pan

Dear, MKT! You are the second Shennon and trying to invent bicycle:) Try to search the Shennon theorem and an optimum source coding theory, etc..
    B.R.

MKT

Hi Pan,

Thanks for complement(?)

Its is almost 13 years when i studied all these shannon, nyquist etc theorems. At that time( college) the only objective was to mug up the things and your engineering exam clear.
    No matter what is the meaning.

But, now after 13 years i don’t have to give any exam but what i do sometimes is to pick some topic for discussion and go with it like a student.

Tell me an honest answer…all of you.

would the world gave the same respect and honor to Shannon if somebody today came and reveals to the world that a similar document do exists in the ancient era before christ but shannon was not aware of that.

will the world take away the respect from the shannon today?

Anyway don’t think that i am trying to compare myself with shannon, but it do happens with me many times.

may be i was lab assistant with these dignitaries is previous births:)

MKT

Could you please tell me how does

Nyquist and Shannon theorem differs with each other?

It appears to me as if both of them are doing the same work.

Means representing your information with something else.

Is that what you call coding.

Then Nyquist is representing the information by X bits

and Shannon is by Y bits.

Both focuses on sending something less that full.

where is the difference actually?

regards

MKT

Pan

Dear, MKT, You are bit confused with two fundamental theorems: Shannon’s theorem about the maximum limit of channel throughput and the sampling theorem (by Kotelnikov or Nyquist or Shannon or Whittaker or by anybody else?:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.