Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Uplink TFI

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Pawel

Dear all,

Could you tell me what is the meaning of the parameter in the title? I know that radio link access method on the uplink is USF.

BR,
    Pawel

pix

TFI identifies a connection for one MS.
    the connection can be DL, in this case the MS receives a DL TFI.
    Or it could be UL, in this case UL TFI.
    Or both, in this case the MS receives a DL TFI and a UL TFI.

Pawel

Thank you. In the Packet Uplink Assignment message I see both Uplink TFI assignment parameter as well as usf specific timeslot presence indication. What is the difference between them?

BR,
    Pawel Niemyjski

Pan

Hello, Pawel!
    Uplink TFI and USF are assigned to MS for the further using:
    – given TFI is contained in every RLC block from that MS;
    – given USF is contained in DL RLC blocks from the network to MS, when network is expecting RLC data from MS/
    B.R.

pix

in other words,

TFI is a logical identifier… it is used to distinguish the owner of a block from another MS.

USF is a green light, sent in DL to the MS. Every time the MS gets its own USF in the DL block “header”, it can upload its own data in the next UL block.

USF is just a mechanism to multiplex several UL MS in one UL timeslot. This green light is dynamically distributed among all the UL users. Each block.

-pix

kamal

Simply,
    GPRS/EGGE is working fine if you get both uplink as well as downlink..

If only uplink is present then there might be an issue at site(user not getting response on downlink!)..

Regards,
    Kamal

Pawel

Thank you for all responses. My problem was, the theory was not fitting to the parameters names used by tool I am using to collect the log. Now, I understand the problem.

BR,
    Pawel

Jelly

For example the TFI (Uplink)=4, it means that the 4 number of MS is connected?

pix

hi,

I didn’t really understand your question.
    each active user receives its own TFI.
    In one TRX of a cell, for example, there is, let’s say, 30 users that are using DL + UL TBF. Each of them have its own TFI for UL and also a TFI in DL. They may or may not be the same. TFI is just the identifier of a TBF.
    In another TRX of the cell, there could be, let’s say, 25 users. Each of them would have their own TFI (or couple of TFI, 1 UL, 1 DL).

regards
    pix

Balakrishna

what are the parameters used in packet uplink assignment?
    what are optional and what are the mandatory ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.