- This topic has 17 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years, 8 months ago by Pix.
17th December 2009 at 08:45 #60279PawelGuest
My doubt concerns GPRS Coding Schemes. Which of the following scenario is the true:
1. MS measures signals na on (P)BCCH and based on Rxlev and Rxqual decides which Coding Schemes to apply.
2. BTS measures the uplink signals and based on specific parameters, I do now which one, tells the MS which Coding Schemes the MS should apply.17th December 2009 at 09:46 #60280BijoyGuest
Point No.2 is right17th December 2009 at 10:43 #60281PawelGuest
Thank you:)17th December 2009 at 19:32 #60282PixGuest
point 2 is right… but not complete 🙂
BTS measures the UL signal.
If UL is poor, then the PCU (MFS) sens a coding scheme adaptation “order” to the MS… UL Coding Scheme is modified.
MS measures the DL signal and reports the values to the BTS.
PCU will then decide to change the DL coding scheme of the BTS.
In EGPRS , the process is a little different.23rd December 2009 at 10:28 #60283PawelGuest
Thank you for the response. Could you tell me in which message the BTS orders Coding Scheme to be applied by MS? I suppose it is from MAC layer but I cannot find it.
Pawel23rd December 2009 at 10:37 #60284PixGuest
The new CS is included in a PACKET UL ACK/NACK message.27th December 2009 at 09:34 #60285msaGuest
how can we get 236kb/s when using EGPRS29th December 2009 at 11:51 #60286AkramotsGuest
236kb/s when using EGPRS it is only theoretical limit for 4 TS in DL
But in reality you could be near to this value.
You must properly design your NTW:
1. No interferences – clear spectrum and fixed frequency (no hopping).
2. Proper amount of free radio TS, or dedicated resources for EDGE.
3. Proper amount of free ABIS TS – flexible ABIS
4. Proper amount of free PCU resources.
5. and also GB, SGCN, GGSN..
It is possible also to used MS with 5 TS in DL capabilities or EDGE229th December 2009 at 12:08 #60287msaGuest
and how resource allocation will be placed in air interface29th December 2009 at 16:21 #60288PawelGuest
Could you tell me where can I find the description of this parameter:
EGPRS Channel Coding Command
I cannot find it in TS44.060.
EGPRS Channel Coding Command
bits0 = 2 (0x2)
Pawel30th December 2009 at 09:50 #60289kamalGuest
Can u explain who takes the decision whether the call is data or voice?BSC or BTS itself?
Kamal30th December 2009 at 15:57 #60290PixGuest
It is the subscriber that decides to send/receive data or voice 🙂30th December 2009 at 17:53 #60291KamalGuest
But whos next?30th December 2009 at 18:30 #60292PixGuest
Subscriber decides, and then the network allocates the resources. Nobody else decides whether the customer should do data or voice.
The one who allocates the resources is the BSC for voice and the PCU (or MFS) for the packet data.
The BTS contains no intelligence, usually (except motorola one, AFAIK), everything is centralized in the BSC/PCU.
-pix6th January 2010 at 09:03 #60293DsGuest
MS measures DL signal on BCCH
(correct me if its required)
How BTS measures UL signal as there is no SACCH in GPRS.
is it alwaz PCU who decides which coding scheme is to be used in UL and DL.