Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

TA settings?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Bijoy

Ali
    Are you talking of these parameters
    1.MAX TA Drop Call Threshold(bit)
    If the filtered TA value is higher than “MAX TA Drop Call Threshold”, this is one of the conditions for triggering call drop processing due to TA beyond limit.

2.MAX TA Drop Call Switch
    This parameter is used to control whether the “Call Drop for TA beyond Limit” is enabled.
    3.MAX TA Drop Call Filter(0.5s)
    This parameter specifies the number of measurement reports used for averaging the timing advance before call drop.

I’m a bit confused as I know these parameters will lead to call drop for TA
    Br\\
    Bijoy

AliAsgher

Hmm. Interestingly enough, I am unable to find any of the specified parameters in BSC6000 v9r3 and BSC6000 v9r8.

Can you kindly leave a private message on avrcircuits@gmail.com

Pix

Why would anyone wants to drop a call because it’s too far ? If the quality is still fine, why degrade your KPI…?
    I can’t find any situation where that would be useful…

Even at country border, the goal is to catch faraway traffic (make them roam !).

Well, ok, perhaps the goal of other vendors is to limit the volume of traffic or the coverage..

In Alcatel, we try to maximize those.

-pix

Bijoy

Hi Pix
    Maybe you have heard of the so called TRAI guidline where operators are advised to provide service only upto IB,not beyond that.This is where we require this.So,the call will drop as soon as the MS crosses MAX TA.

Of course,this is not good from operators perspective,but then again,a rule is a rule.

Br\\
    Bijoy

pix

a rule is a rule.

but a guideline… is a joke ๐Ÿ™‚ i don’t know many operators that would actually drop a call because of TRAI guideline. In the ebst case, they just reduce their coverage. Very dedicated operators would define inter-plmn neighbours and trigger a ho due to too long distance.
    but a call drop… really ? ๐Ÿ™‚

AliAsgher

Atleast in our case, if coverage is provided even within 500m of our own border, operator will be fined. ๐Ÿ™‚

So we have to drop a call in case of MAXTA.

Regards,

Pix

Is there a special cop tracing the calls ? Because I have no idea how to geolocalize a MS in dedicated mode ๐Ÿ˜‰

AliAsgher

An authority which drive tests quarterly to check for coverage spillage near border.

Pix

But coverage spillage and ongoing calls preservation is something different ๐Ÿ™‚

Nobody is going to get fined if there is no “forced” call drop. The operator could decide to not drop the call, but work on coverage limitation. Therefore, MAXTA is not necessary in your example.

When will everybody understands that I am always right ????

๐Ÿ™‚ (kidding…)

raman

by bounding MAXTA we are ensuring that in no case the call can be made beyond that TA ….if i making a call and that is continued beyond border what’s the point any body can make call and then continue beyond border .it’s still the same…

Pix

Raman, yes, anyone can do that, if the radio conditions are good.
    If the radio is good, why do you want to drop your call.
    is your CDR so good that you need to force a call drop to justify your salary ???

“look boss, there are still some drops at the border, you still need me to optimize the network”

Bijoy

Pix
    How can you restrict the coverage of a site if it is only say 1Km from the border?The only way ahead is to restrict the service of the cell beyond a particular limit ,MAXTA does just that.So operators doesn’t consider these drop calls due to MAXTA while evaluating their KPI’s.
    Reagrding geolocalising an MS,it is possible through SMLC-BSS(Lb interface).

Br\\
    Bijoy

AliAsgher

Bijoy,

SMLC-BSS(Lb interface) (OMG) ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Pix,

The authorities to ensure coverage spillage dont know about Idle or Dedicated mode. They will just make a call and will roam near the border. Now if they started a call within RACH TA limits and go beyond that with the call being continued, they will term it as coverage spillage. And as Bijoy explained, border cell KPIs are excluded due to this reason (as are almost every TA limited cells)

Regards,

Pix

Ok, now I understand… But I wonder who agreed on doing this. It is amazingly stupid to force a call drop at country border. I doubt the subscriber are happy about this :)) If the call was started in one PLMN, then you might as well finish it over there… It is not roaming !

It will also impact the cell coverage in other directions too. If the BTS is at 500m from country border, then the coverage of the cells is limited to 500m, in every direction.

And what about inter PLMN HO ? Wouldn’t it be a cleaner solution ?

Bijoy

Ali
    SMLC in Nokia is serving mobile location centre that manages the overall co-ordination and scheduling of resources required to perform the positioning of a mobile terminal, and calculates the final location estimate and accuracy.

Even Motorola has a tool by which they can pin-point the location of MS.I forgot its name though:-)

Br\\
    Bijoy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.