Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

gsm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    laplace_R

which power(bcch or non bcch or combined) is measured by a VSWR meter during the time of power check for each sector of a radio unit

Pix

Laplace,

VSWR is a ratio of powers, it doesn’t matter which “timeslot” you are measuring. VSWR-meter performs a constant measurement, so what you get is an average of Tx power compared to the average of reflected power.

VSWR-meter has no idea what is a timeslot, as it is located on the feeder itself.

laplace_R

by the answer that i got i can get to a conclusion that a radio unit when it is configured to emit 2 frequencies per sector (say one bcch and another non bcch) in a S222 configuration of a 3 sector cell , per sector 2 TRXs. using Vswr meter what i am measuring is the ratio of combined average transmitted power of both the frequencies to the reflected power at a particular time of a partcular radio unit……

laplace_R

a little confused by ur answer-

what i am trying to find out from my answer is when a radio unit of a BTS transmits does it transmit all the frequencies in a combined form
    say my cell is configured as S222 that is 3 sectors of 2 TRX s each that is each sector has 2 frequencies (say one is BCCH and another is non BCCH) in such a situation at a particular time both the frequencies will be emitted together and if i am measuring the power by keeping my power meter(remember i am using a vswr meter with a power sensor to measure only the power that the the radio unit can give in dbm unit not as a vswr meter which measures the ratio that you have talked about in ur answer)…what is this power i am measuring???? power of the combined frequencies……

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.