Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

2G DRX parameters

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pawel Niemyjski

Dear all,

I do not understand how MS knows when it should turn on the receiver in DRX mode. I know the following parameters:

BS_PA_MFRMS defining the number of 51-multiframes for the periodicity of PCH subchannel paging decoding. The value is broadcast on BCCH and may range from 3 to 9.

BS_CC_CHANS defines the number of time slots in TDMA frame reserved for CCCHs (RACHs, AGCHs, PCHs). Am I right?

CCCH_GROUP allows for determination of the right time slot for specific MS. CCCH_GROUP is a number between 0 and BS_CC_CHANS – 1. Does the ‘right time slot’ concerns the time slot within TDMA frame?

Moreover,there are several paging subchannels in the same physical channel carrying the CCCH identified by a CCCH_GROUP, the MS will determine the right paging subchannel for paging blocks according to the parameter PAGING_GROUP.

My problem is, how does MS know it should turn on the receiver on 2,4,6 etc. 51-TDMA multiframes instead of 1,3,5 etc. 51-TDMA multiframes?

Thank you for any replies.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
    Pawel Niemyjski

Bijoy

Hi Pawel
    Try reading ETSI EN 300 908 V8.5.1 (2000-11).

You will get all your answers

Br\\
    Bijoy

Pawel Niemyjski

Thank you. I have been reading this document many times before posting but now I understand what I wanted.

It is not easy subject.

BR

Bijoy

Yes ,that’s for sure.But we can still discuss if any doubts still prevail.The chapter is too good.

Pawel Niemyjski

Anyway, MS after IMSI attach has to enter non-DRX mode to detect its paging group? Am I right? It is my assumption but it is logical.

BR,
    Pawel Niemyjski

Bijoy

Hi
    What is your logic
    as paging group can be detected in DRX mode too

Br\\
    Bijoy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.