Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

T3101 expiry on TCH

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zbigniew

Hi all,

what is the customer impact if the timer T3101 expires on the TCH ? Is is noticed as a drop call or not ?

Kind Regards

Zbigniew

Bijoy

The user will never know of it.
    Only the call setup time will be slightly higher depending on the parameter MAXRET.

P.s. T3101 expires generally in case of SDCCH.It expires for TCH only if “Immediate assignment on TCH” is enabled.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Zbigniew

Hi Bijoy,

the behaviour on SDCCH is understood and I agree with your explanation, but the TCH behaviour is unclear for me.

We have “Immediate Assignment on TCH” enabled and the counter for “TCH T3101 Expiry” shows high values. Are you sure that this expiry has bo impact on the customer (i.e. call dropping) ? How will the system react when “TCH T3101” expires ?

Thank you !

Zbuigniew

Bijoy

Hi Zbuigniew
    TCH 3101 expiry will not be noted by user if it is less than MAXRET.After that,no RACH retry will take place & user have to redial(here is the problem).

The MS resends RACH each time T3101 expires till it reaches MAXRET(BTS parameter).

Regarding call drop,it is totally a vendor dependent issue.Some incorporate it in call drop,some doesn’t.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.