Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

GPRS & EDGE Problem

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RK

Dears:
    Greetings!
    I am working on SIEMENS network. Our network has data service(GPRS/EDGE)but not defined fixed PDCH.
    Now, during Drive-Test i observed,
    i)sudden decrease in throughput(DL), sudden disappearance of IEs in EGPRS line chart and mostly it takes too much time for bytes to receive or session error occur when Cell Reselection or Routing Area Code changes. C/I is good, MS working on 4TS but throughput is less. EMANPRES enabled.
    ii)Also what is the timer that it depends upon, after cell reselection to continue to send/receive the bytes?

BR
    RK

Prabeen

Hi RK,

You say in your query that you have not defined any PDCH for EDGE. If there is no dedicated PDCH for EDGE then the system will be allocated with BPDCH (Basic Packet Data Channel) where in only GPRS will be enabled. Also, the BPDCH will get enabled only when there is a vacant TS which is been dedicated for CS trafic.

PLs try allocating 1TS dedicated for EDGE.

Opt

Hi Parven,

As per RK netwrk has not got FPDCH though EDGE is working, isn’t it RK?

I don’t know the Alcatel parameter but in Ericsson it is NACC (Network assisted cell change which cater the issue occured on cell reselection and rotuing area change.

Prabeen

Opt,

According to my knowledge EDGE will never get activated unless u allocate FPDCH. The EDGE which is working is nothing but GPRS alone.

Akramots

Hi All,
    For Siemens you not need fixed PDCH in case of EDGE.
    EMANPRESPRM – EGPRS maximum Number of PDCH reserved Primary, this parameter defines the number of traffic channels reserved for EGPRS in the Primary Area.
    During Cell Reselection or Routing Area Code update the data transmission is suspended for a few seconds. Solution is NACC. NACC could be Intra BSC or External (ENACCE – External Network Assisted Cell Change).
    Do you reserved AGCH (NBLKACGR=1).

Rex

Hi,
    With Nokia E71, N95, HTC connection to GPRS/EDGE establishes without problem. But, with Nokia 6680 that’s not possible. What could be the cause? Something wrong with SGSN? Phone classes? Recently there is installed a new patch in HLR, could that cause that? If somebody experienced that, please share!
    Vendor=Alcatel-Lucent.
    Best Regards,
    Rex.

Prabeen

Please check with the class of mobile. Some mobiles does not support MCS. it supports only cs1-4. that ultimately degrades speed.

silex

Hi RK,
    Could you say the number of TRX in that site? and how many Abis subTS do you used. the issue is may be on radio, PCU or internet feed.
    Regards.

Masud

Hi All,
    I set EMANPRESPRM=2, but in drive test, two TS had not been dedicated to data.

could you please tell me what can i do for definition of 2 TS as dedicated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.