Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Question in TEMS

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Nestor

Dear friends

I have one question about TEMS

1. serving cell has bad quality (6-7). And no any other co-cannel or adjacent near the site.

2. But in the “Serving + Neighbors by Band” of TEMS I see the serving cell two times with the same BSIC and same BCCH with different RxLevel (70 & 79 dbm).

Is it possible the reflection cause or other problem? Vendor is Nokia.

Pix

Hi,

I remember in TEMS, you always see the serving cell twice… That is just a display trick from TEMS, it is not a real problem.

Bad quality could be due to low level, or an interference you didn’t detect yet, or a HW problem, or a misconfiguration of your frequencies (TRX 1 is interfering with TRX 2 ? I have seen that already…)

AliAsgher

1- Is the Quality indicated in RxQual Full OR RxQual Sub, also is DTX enabled?

2- Serving cell is shown twice with Different RxLev as the serving band is different from the BCCH band AND the cell has got its own ARFCN added in the Active measurement frequency List. (MF LIST)

Regards,

Bijoy

Ali
    A small correction
    Regarding pt 2,your latter part is true.if the serving cell bcch is in your active mf list(double ba list in case of nokia),it will be shown twice.even if the cell is single band
    Nestor-u can check this out
    br//
    bijoy

Nestor

Dear All

I would like to clarify:

1. In huawei or in Alcatel I don’t see serving cell two times.

2. It happens only in Nokia and not always.

3. DTX and DL PC enabled. And quality on both side is bad (sub and full)

4. as well I don’t understand, is it normal situation to show twice the serving cell with different level?

Pix

Nestor,

I can’t help on “why it happens”, but I can tell you why you are seeing 2 different levels :

– one RXLEV is the DL RXLEV BCCH level : maximum power, on 1st TRX (no power control, no DTX)

– second RXLEV is the current DL RXLEV of your TCH timeslot : attenuated by DL PC and DTX, on probably another trx than the 1st one.

2 TRX in the cell might have different Tx Power (either due to configuration or due to hardware problems or due to different feeder systems, different antennas , different orientations, the color of your cat and the size of your car…. 😉 )

Cheers
    pix

Bijoy

Nestor
    You will observe this in Huawei if you are using Enhanced concentric cell feature.Why this happens because in Enhanced concentric feature you have to define the same cell as its neighbor & so the cell’s BCCH gets added to its 2G BA1 & 2g BA2 table

Rest I agree with Pix.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Nestor

Now it is clear

Thanks to all

Pix

Bijoy,

“Rest I agree with Pix.”

That might well be the 1st time !!!

Bijoy

Ha Ha Ha:-)

Harender Singh

HI Friends,

I just want to know that when we do drive test using tems why some samples comes out of area .
    ex.– if i export 1 log file and then opened in mapinfo and when i am fetching the bcch for the network , i also getting samples with ( 0 & -1 )range , what does it mean?
    please tell me solution as soon as possible , i really need this

Brother

Hi Harender Singh,

Did you select “MS” when you were exporting, if you used scanner and export log file both MS1 MS2 or whatever, those values u will see

Harender Singh

Yes i am not selecting the ms , i m just exporting with all equipments. could u plz describe it more, so that my doubt can be clear more

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.