Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Dropped Call

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SAM

Can anyone explain what could be the reason for (Drop type: Abnormal network. And CC Cause: Temporary failure.) It is DL disconnect request. We are having Dropped Call in our network. From DT Signaling L3 message we can see the above cause.

we don’t have any quality issue.

Quality average:
    FER Actual (%)=3.04
    RxQual Sub=0.22
    SQI=12.67
    RxLev Sub (dBm)=-80.49

Please help me to understand.

Thanks

Duke

I am working on SIEMENS equipments.Can anyone let me know how to close remote login/put password so that anyone from BTS/TRAU via LMT will not be able to login BSC.

HH

Dear SAM,

I have some problem also with yours, do you managed to solve it now? could you share the solution with me?

Mania

@SAM: Whats with the stats are there Equipment failures / Transcoder drops on the cell.This failure usually comes when there is some EQ failure

Herry

@Mania : So this kind of dropped problem confirmed from Eq/Transcoder part? HOw to check more details?

Hi Bijoy/Pix,

Need your help also for this, thanks before

Mania

Hi,
    Well the Drops due to fluctuations on ABIS And Site due to link / power / faunty HW Issue. check the drop call reasons. in Siemens and Alcatel they are pegged seperately. else check alarms.
    Don’t know the exact counter tell me your vendor if you dont find it, i’ll try and look it up for you

Bijoy

Hi Herry
    As per 3GPP 24.008,This cause indicates that the network is not functioning correctly and that the condition is no likely to last a long period of time; e.g., the user may wish to try another call attempt almost immediately.

This means that there is a temporary failure at the physical layer of the network.So,you need to check all possible resons.You can start like this

If few cells,check for HW alarms,Tx media etc

If occurs randomly in almost every cell,check for TXCDR pool mismatch,Equipment failure,etc etc.

Br\\
    Bijoy

Herry

@Bijoy : Drop happens randomly and it’s not in the same locations.
    I’ll try to check TXCDR pool mismatch,Equipment failure as you suggested, but it’ll be helpful for me if you can explain me in details how to do it, thanks

@Mania :we’re using Ericsson Equipment. For BTS HW/Alarms i already checked and i cant find any.
    Please let me know if you have ay further suggestions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.