Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

drops

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    raman

Hi,
    during drive we are getting call drop due to no service …but logs show good rx level but bad quality layer 2 message is drop due to no service ……what could reason for it…..

Pix

hi

interference, path balance, HW failure, or even poor RXLEV but in the other direction (you’re looking at the DL RXLEV only, but perhaps the UL RXLEV is poor -> that’s path unbalance)

cheers,
    pix

raman

that’s too generic …..secondly i am near to site ….how can ul be poor ….
    ok suppose path imbalanced how to improve suppose i have to improve DL ,,,,,,,ul can be improved by TMA……

pix

raman,

you complain that my answer is too generic ?
    look at your question !

in your second post, you state that you are near to site when that happened, which is a very important information 🙂

now you should tell us how many times it happened ?
    what do you see in the QoS counters ? Is this cell suffering high call drop rate ?
    If not : could we assume the failure happened only once during drive test, and it could just be a SW bug in the system, or in the MS ?

if yes : what is the main cause of call drops in this cell ?

In your DT, can you see the RADIO LINK TIMEOUT counter (or “S” counter) ? Is it at its maximum value or is it lower ? (max value can be seen at call setup).

Cheers,
    pix

raman

well, it happens so many times at some sites …drop are 48% due to low ss …45% due to other reasons …
    rlinkt -20 it’s same throughout network we can’t increase actually…it’s fixed and agreed by customer ……

raman

drop rate is not so high …..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.