Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

DROP DUE TO LOW SS

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Bijoy

MAC
    Criteria for OL to UL HO:
    SS_non-BCCH+FBOFFS< BSTXPWR-LOL-LOLHYST Criteria for UL to OL HO: SS > BSTXPWR-LOL+LOLHYST

When optimising the FBOFFS for the subcell changes, the SCLD, LOL, LOLHYST, DTCB, DTCBHYST, NDIST, NNCELLS and TAOL parameters should also be considered.

By increasing the LOL in a multi band cell with the non-BCCH frequency band in the OL subcell, the coverage of this non-BCCH band is increased.

Let me know if you have any confusion regarding this
    Br\\
    Bijoy

SAFAR

Hi ALI,

CAN I TAKE EXAMPLE SO MY CONFUSION WILL OVER.AS PER GIVEN BY U,

LOL criteria can be given as below

(1)UL -> OL
    L < LOL - LOLHYST (Where L is path loss and is equal to BSTXPWR - RXlev) (2)OL -> UL
    L > LOL + LOLHYST (Where L is pathloss and is equal to BSTXPWR – Rxlev).

OK SO HERE I AM TAKING RX LEVEL = -80 DBM,TXPOWER = 45 AND LOL IS =130,LOLHYS =3

SO (1) CONDITION GIVEN BY U WILL LIKE THIS L< LOL - LOLHYS 45 - (-80) < 130 - 3 125 < 127 SO CAN U TELL ME FOR THIS CALL WILL REMAIN ON UL OR OL. I MEAN IF I AM GETTING BY THIS CONDITION L LIKE 120,110,115,126 SO AND OUR THRESHOLD IS 127 SO UPTO THIS CALL WILL REAMIN ON OL OR UL? PLZ HELP......

AliAsgher

Dear Safar,

By your given condition,

(1) Means that whenever call is on UL and AS LONG AS PATHLOSS IS LESS THAN (LOL-LOLHYST), UL WILL TRY TO SHIFT THE CALL TO OL.

Hence in your case, the call will be eventually shifted to OL as the criteria is met (125 is less than 127 🙂

(2) Means that whenever call is on OL and AS SOON AS PATHLOSS IS GREATER THAN (LOL+LOLHYST), OL WILL HANDOVER THE CALL TO UL.

Please note that when call is on OL subcell, we have no idea of signal strength of BCCH band (if own bcch is not included). So we try to find this out by subtracting FBOFFS from our OL signal strength and think that BCCH will be something like (SS on OL – FBOFFS).

I hope it helps.

Regards,

safar

hi ali,

Buddy u are right.i was wrong.thanks for it.

Now only one doubt still abt if my call will on 0L and pathloss is 125 which is less than 127 then call will continue on OLbut at that time if fboffset is 6 then how it will come picture?

AliAsgher

Dear Safar,

The FBOFFSP comes into picture when you are calculating Path Loss.

You are using Pathloss = TX Power – Rxlevel Received.

But for Rxlevel Received you only know the SS of OL band, so you will subtract the FBOFFSP from the received level to estimate the received level of your BCCH carrier.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.