Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Airport Interference

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zach

I just turned up a Nokia BTS in the 1900 MHz GSM/UMTS site near the local airport and have seen some interference issues coming off of this sector. The UL Qual is quite poor even with a GMA installed. Has anyone come across a similar situation near air terminals?

Pix

Hi,

No… Are those are not interferences from your other BTS ? Have you tried changing frequencies ?

If you get interference from an airport equipment, then you’re also probably interfering it. Which is rather worrying 🙂

Zach

Thanks for the feedback Pix. I think you may be on to something. There are about six sectors within proximity to this area. Recently I turned down several radios on an adjacent site and saw about a 1.5% reduction in DCR for the affected site. The BCCHs, BSIC, and HSN are all different for the sectors but it looks like there may be some collisions. Should I adjust the MAIO settings to avoid hopping collisions as a start?

Pix

Maio will not help, because those sites are not synchronized.
    As long as HSN is different, then it should be fine.

To be clear in SFH 1×1:

– cells within same BTS : same HSN but different MAIO per TRX

– neighbour cells from different BTS : different HSN, MAIO has no influence here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.