Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

User(application) traffic in ALcatel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lily

Good evening, all!
    Good evening, Pix!

Our top management gave us a task – to calculate an application/user traffic for one of our BSCs (from PM data). They aren’t satisfied with LLC traffic 🙂
    But I always was sure it’s impossible. How can we separate user data (informational field) from service information (header and FCS) in LLC PDU, if the length of this LLC PDU is variable and we have only 2 counters: P43 and P44?
    Please, correct me if I’m wrong…
    I hope for your help, please 🙂

Spidey

I think u could see the application user Traffic @ Gb interface. Try to see with Astellia or another product the correlate with the concerned BSC.

Pix

Hi Lily,

What a coincidence : Those counters are available in B10 ! They distinguish between LLC “GMM signalling” and LLC “user data” (as far as I remember).

In B9, do as suggested below : count the data directly on the Gb or Gn interfaces. I’m certain your NSS colleagues are already couting such stuff already.

lily

Hello, Spidey!
    Hello, Pix!

Thank you very much!! You were absolutely right – it turned out to be that the only source of necessary information was SGSN 🙂 Fortunately, our new one (NSN instead of old siemens – has just been installed) has special application for such things :))

Pix, we all are counting days to migration to B10 :))) And our life with it will be long, quite and happy…

Good night!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.