Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

CBQ and roamers (please, help!)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lily

Dear all,
    dear Pix!

I would be very grateful if you help me with some explanation of how does the CELL_BAR_QUALIFY works with roaming MS’s.
    In “Multiband GSM Network Radio Optimization / B9” on p. 44 we can find Selection principles:

AT STARTUP (IMSI ATTACH), THE MS IS SELECTING CELL WITH:
    1) Define priorities with CELL_BAR_QUALIFY
    2) Best C1amongst highest priority cells (using CBQ)
    3) Once “camped on” one cell (in idle mode)…

Does it mean that if we set CELL_BAR_QUALIFY=1 (low priority) for cells, which are best servers in such places as airports, we can decrease the probability of choosing our network by roaming MS’s ?
    Or maybe this parameters does not affect on MS choise of network (in international roaming).

Many thanks in advance!

Pix

Lily,

It doesn’t affect the choice of the network : the CBQ serves to distinguish among several cells within the *same* network !

The network selection is performed earlier, and it depends on network preferences (“friendly” neighbours chosen first) + RxLev. Nothing much you can change there.

the only thing you can do is put the RXLEV ACCESS MIN to the lowest value possible, and the MS TX PWR MAX CCH to 33dBm. (and not 43dBm, as I have often seen on networks…)

lily

Hello, Pix!

Thanks you very very much 🙂

Some days ago we got statistic of number of roamers per day in our region for last six months (our region is boundary, so this amount is very important), and from July we saw the stable trend of decreasing this amount – very unpleasant picture (at the same time last year it was increasing…) It coincided with setting CBQ = low priority for all rural G-cells (and all cells along the state border are G-cells mostly), so a terrible thought visited us 🙂

But thanks to you we can sleep again :)))

Once more – thanks a million!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.