Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

mean holding time

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    alex

hi all
    please tell me what is mean holding time in gsm??
    and then what is the mean of follownig alarm on one trx:
    mean holding time is belove defined threshold

pix

hi alex

MHT is the duration during which a MS is using the TCH in the cell.
    So if it is too short, it means either the calls are dropped as soon as the TCH is seize… or there is a HO taking place immediately. Check your drops and your outgoing HO : are they high ?

If drops : HW problem, probably
    If HO : settings are done in such a way that HO are triggered quickly from this cell. It could be a correct strategy (for example, if cell is an umbrella : the calls are sent to microcells immediately).

alex

thanx mr pix
    you are a good man.

Bijoy

Hi Alex
    Pix already told much about MHT.I’m just adding some more:
    I think you are using Nokia system.Check for MINHTT,PRDMHT&CS values.Improper settings may un-necessary yeild more alarms.Also,this alarm is causing TCH Drop only if it is accompanied by 7745 Alarm.Otherwise,intracell HO may be taking place or the Idle channel Interference is high on that particular channel/TRX

Mailman

If I wanted to make a Business Object report showing MHT which counters would I need to add to the report?

anshu

Hi

Pix
    can u elaborated ur line

So if it is too short, it means either the calls are dropped as soon as the TCH is seize…

pix

hi,

the TCH is released when the user hangs up.
    but if you see that the TCH is used for a short time (5s) in average, it means that the TCH is released due to a system decision (handover or call drop).

regards
    pix

Bramo

Hi,
    What is the relationship btn the MHT and the USSD services, is the USSD transaction uses SDCCH, how can SDCCH MHT affect USSD transaction? is this decision made at BSC side at MSS/MSC side.

rgds
    Bramo

Bhaskar Ghildiyal

Hi Team,
    i need Ericsson tch mean holding formula & sdcch mean holding formula..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Telecom Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.